Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sealed With A Prayer

I have been so blessed by the members of the First Baptist Church in Eleanor, WV.  Since Tim's death, several persons and a Sunday school class have sent cards to me, reminding me that they are praying for me.  I recently got one that was marked with "sealed with a prayer" on the back.  How wonderful to know that others who love the Lord are praying for me!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

When Tim resigned the pastorate at the Buffalo Baptist Church, we were making visits to other churches in the area when he did not have a church lined up to preach in.  First Baptist in Eleanor, WV was one of those churches.  We visited there a couple of times.  Tim and the pastor were friends.  They didn't agree on everything, but they agreed to disagree.  Romans 12:18 instructs us, "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

And the people there have shown their love of God by their actions towards another of God's children.....me.  1 John 3:14 says, "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."

James 1:27 says, "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."  I have been "visited" many times over the last year + since becoming a widow.  Thank you, First Baptist Church of Eleanor, WV!  And thanks in particular goes to:  Vicki Hicks, Linda Harris, Joyce Stotts, Brent and Brenda Clendenin, John and Karen McClung, Judy and Dale Allen, the Peacemakers Sunday School Class, and there may be others.  These are names signed on the cards I have kept.  If I have missed someone, I apologize!  Thank you all for your many, many prayers on my behalf!

Now that I am married again, I think it is time for them to shower their love and prayers on another one of God's children.  Perhaps another widow or widower.  They are growing in number everyday and I don't want to be selfish.  It has been said that it is not a good thing to be a man in the Hillcrest Baptist Church.  All of our men have died, who were married and members, except for 3.  There are 4 or 5 others who attend but are not members.  And there is Mark, who lost his wife several years ago, but now he has me!  I believe there are 8 women in total at the Hillcrest Baptist Church who have lost their husbands; two of us being married again.

Thank You, Lord, for your guiding hand on my life!  Thank You for those faithful to send cards at the First Baptist Church in Eleanor, WV.  Thank You for bringing Mark into my life.  Thank You for You!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I LOVE your book wall! How does the building keep the moisture out without heat and air, particularly against the walls where the books are?