Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Books and Snow

With the holidays approaching and visitors coming, I really wanted to get all the boxes of books out of the hallway.  So we began working on the "office."

Here are some of the boxes of Tim's books that I wanted stored in the office, last door on the left down the hall.  All of these books (and more) came from the church office.

We cleared the toys and race cars off of these shelves and have stored the games in the kids' room and the cars in tubs down in the basement.

Here are most of the boxes after I emptied them and stored the books on the shelves.

They need a bit more organizing, but the shelves are full!  I'm not sure what I am going to do with the degrees and certificates of Tim's.  I may remove them from the frames and put them in scrapbooks.

Progress!

SNOW!
Wow! We got almost 13 inches of snow when Mark measured this morning!  It has continued to snow all day and it has changed over to sleet.  Church was called off.  Mark's work for tomorrow has been called off.  My dentist appointment was rescheduled.  The widows' meeting for December has been canceled.  I'm sure the Mallard Ridge services will be canceled.

Four-wheelers have been up and down the road in front of the house all day today.  Not much other traffic, except snow plows and a few brave souls!

Taken at 1:20 a.m.

Taken at 8 a.m.

So peaceful-looking!

So pretty!

You can't tell in this picture, but the neighbor across the road had her metal car port to collapse under the weight of the snow.  It was laying on top of her car!

Asher had trouble coming back up the steps with the layer of ice on top.

Mark went to the woods with Piper around 10 a.m.  Piper had fun frolicking in the snow.  He tried to ride the 4-wheeler but the snow was too deep!








Beautiful!





Thank You, Lord, for the beauty in the snow!  And now I will thank You to begin the melting process, I pray!

No comments: