Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy Day

After going to bed at 1:30 (last load of laundry dried), I slept in til 9:30 this morning. I'm still tired. Guess 2 nights with Michael in the same bed did me in! I'll have to try to catch up again tonight!

Went to visit our 97 year old shut-in from church. He isn't too shut-in as he was gone when we got there! Probably took the dog for a haircut.

Worked on my computer room re-organization. Gonna take alot more time!

Worked on putting some new air conditioning duct in as the old was flooded during the burst pipe fiasco! See the pictures below.

Worked some more on my computer room.

Went to Best Buy and bought a 23" flat screen monitor for my computer with my church cleaning money and mother's day money.

Now, it's time to read a bit before bed! Night!

This duct is full of water in the dip shown here.
You can see the water dripping from the duct. When I cut the strap supporting it, the duct broke in half and filled my shoes with water!
Tim cutting a new length of duct.
Voila! No more sagging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my mercy how awful! Yuck. Glad it's fixed.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Whoa! I hate those kind of surprises! Glad you are now on the repaired side of things.