Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again.....

Got home at a decent time this afternoon.....4:20. Left Jessica's at about 8:15 and stopped for gas (THANKS again, Jessica, for the fill-up!) and was headed out of Lancaster by 8:30. It rained HARD most of the way to WV. I arrived at Liz's at about 10:45 to drop off some items she had left at Jessica's. Played with Ryan for a few minutes and then left to each lunch with friends at Amos Plant. Had a great week and weekend with the girls and the grands! Hated to leave, as always! But, it's back to the real world, now!

I had lunch with my very good friend(s), Susie and company, at John Amos Plant. It was nice to see everyone! Susie gets to retire after 8 more working days! I am so excited for her! But, I feel for poor Farrah (who took my place when we moved to NC). Farrah will miss her terribly, too! It was about 12:45 when I hit the road for NC. So the trip home from Charleston is about 3 1/2 hours. Not a bad trip! And it didn't rain too much or too hard, which was a good thing!

Tim was not hungry when I got home, so I started doing some laundry. At 6 we went to Olive Garden to eat. It was nice to not have to cook after being on the road all day! And now I am back to working in the laundry. Tomorrow I want to rearrange my computer room. Wednesday begins our spring revival services, so the rest of the week will be hectic. So if you don't hear from me, you know what I'm doing! :)

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great trip! It was good seeing you!