Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pictures of the day

Liz shared the quick details. So, I'll share the pics. I had a couple of movies, but they would not upload for some reason. I'll have to check to see what "version" is accepted for uploading.

This first picture is of Hannah running anxiously to get to school! Liz said, "She always turns around at the door and waves."

Sure enough, she did. I got all teary eyed at the sight. I know that probably one of these days, this will be unacceptable behavior and she will no longer turn to wave because of what her friends might say! I hope and pray that is never the case! And, to see her growing up so fast really got to me!
Isn't this a beautiful picture?!! My beautiful daughter and cutie pie grandson! :)
Ryan did a really good job taking this picture!
He sure loved dipping his pancake into whipped cream! Can you blame him?! :)
We are headed to the thrift stores. What a handsome little guy he is!
Actually, these pics in the car were taken after the shopping, now that I think of it! See how fast things are passing by out Liz's window?! :)
The Kanawha River is really up and muddy from the rain! Wish we would get some of that rain in NC! Our grass is brown and crunchy already!
Ryan would not take a nap, so while mommy was napping a bit on the couch, we played in his room. We are trying to get the hot wheels down the little track and into the plastic drawer you see at the bottom of the picture.
And when we made it, we cheered and gave high fives!
After we picked Hannah up from school, we went home for them to have a snack and then we headed back to the school so they could play. They can teeter totter pretty well because they both weigh about the same. Hannah's legs get the work out, however, since they are quite a bit longer than Ryan's.
Hannah just dropped from the parallel bar.
Ryan enjoys going down the slide with his hands high in the air!
Hannah is proud of her accomplishments on the parallel bars now!
Even mommy can do a few tricks!
Mommy had to help Ryan flip over!
When we went back to the house, Liz started fixing dinner and I watched as Hannah and Ryan played on the slip and slide. It was really hot and humid today! Brad got home from Columbus as we were heading to the playground earlier. These white bubbles didn't stay white for long. With the rain of the last couple of days, the bubbles quickly turned to mud!
Not exactly the way Ryan intended to land!
The kids were in bed by 7:00! The end! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time with the kids and Liz! So glad you got to come and spend time with them. Love the pics!

jessicaday said...

Those pictures are great! I teared up at the picture of Hannah waving at school - isn't she supposed to still be a baby? How on earth is she old enough for school??
I also LOVE the picture of Liz and Ryan at the restaurant. They are two gorgeous people anyway, but that is an exceptionally good picture!
I love you guys!!

Elisabeth said...

Good pic of me and Ryan, horrible pic of me in the truck!! It makes me sad to know that one day Hannah will be riding the bus and I won't even be able to make sure she gets into the school safely. =( Love my little girl, hate that she's growing up so fast! Glad we're having soooo much fun and it's just going to get better when we go to Columbus with no boys!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Was the unwritten ending, "And we were in bed by 8!"? It would be if I were the one doing the writing. I love the grandkids but they wear me out. :)

I think we're getting some of that Kanawha River runoff. That, or it will just prolong the muddy flow going by us now. We've had a lot of rain here lately, too. I feel sorry for the folks down in the lower Mississippi Valley who will get our runoff and all the stuff that the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers through their way at about the same time.

Hope you're having a great day with your family.