Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Blessing of Family

We had a GREAT day with the family yesterday in WV. We all gathered at Elisabeth and Brad's house. With everyone so spread out in the eastern half of the U.S., it is hard to get everyone together in one place at the same time! With some hard work at rescheduling some things, we accomplished the task! All efforts greatly appreciated as it made for a perfect day of family time. The weather was beautiful and the food was yummy and the play was fun! Even my sister got to spend the day with us.

Before we parted, we got a family group shot. And we did it on the first try! WOOHOO! That must be a miracle in itself! Read further for explanations of a few of the pictures I captured while we were together.

Back row, left to right:
Michael, Kara and Jessica, my sister, Kim, Jessica, Terry, Sawyer and Michael, Cheryl and Nathanael.
Front and center:
Elisabeth, me, Tim, Hannah, Brad and Ryan
Ryan impressing us with his flips.
Kim made Sawyer cry! Bad Kim! :) Isn't that pucker the cutest pucker you have ever seen! :) Quit pinching him, Kim, just to see that cute little pucker!
We had lots of fun playing Corn Hole.
The weather was beautiful and it was perfect for sitting under the shade tree!
Our handsome son, Michael, his beautiful wife, Jessica and Elisabeth
Kim and me
Our beautiful daughters, Elisabeth and Jessica.
Add a cutie pie by the name of Ryan and you've got a beautiful photo.
Our beautiful daughter, Elisabeth, with her handsome husband, Brad (who is getting better at having his picture taken, btw!) :P
Our beautiful daughter, Jessica and her handsome husband, Terry.
Our beautiful granddaughter, Hannah, with our newest cutie patutie grandson, Sawyer. We had to (almost) fight Hannah to have a chance with Chance! :)
Look at that precious, toothless laugh!
Our handsome son, again with his lovely family.

Our handsome son, Nathanael and our beautiful daughter, Jessica.
Liz is talking to Kim's granddaughter, Charity.
I tried to capture a frontal view of Michael, but you can see he turned his head very quickly to avoid the shot! He's still a cutie!
Yep, he even posed a bit for this one, lol! :)
Our beautiful daughter-in-law, Cheryl, with a couple of her favorite boys!

Another wonderful family gathering! Hope we can do it again real soon! LOVE you all! (We need to do a family cruise! :) And Kim wants to go, too! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!! The pics are great and it looked like you guys had an awesome time! I know Elisabeth was happy!

jessicaday said...

Thanks for a great day, everyone. The Lord really blessed me by giving me you as a family! I love you all!

Elisabeth said...

mom, I want all you pictures! It was a great day! Lets talk about that cruise!

Kimberly Pitman said...

That's so nice that you were able to have everyone together in one place. Such a blessing!

What a great action shot on the trampoline! Spectacular photography!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I just loved looking at the pics and laughed at the captions. That pucker got me! lol Happy for you to get to do this!! :) Leslie

Jessica said...

I need all the pics too! Both off of moms camera and yours too, sis!! Love you all; especially my little mans pucker!