Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pictures from the Week


Well, we all survived the thunderstorms tonight.......except for my computer! It will not turn on now. The electricity went off and on several times. I guess it went off one too many times, unfortunately! At least I had mostly all the important stuff on my EHD! Hopefully, the church has some home owner's insurance that will allow the computer to be fixed!

Anyway, I did post a few more pictures than you saw before. Now, I'll add a little caption to explain them:

This was taken on Tuesday at the pool. I didn't swim, but watched the baby instead. This is a picture of the girls and me.

Poor Michael!
Kara says about her cousin, Sawyer....."I love him more than he is cute!" :)
If Sawyer was awake, the kids wanted to be near him or holding him!
Kara, Hannah and Ryan having fun in the pool.
Mom and son having a talk about son's attitude.
A good group shot!
Even baby Sawyer enjoyed a cool dip!
VBS prop with Hannah and Kara going to the bottom of the deep blue sea!
Kara rubbing Sawyer's head ever so gently.
Sawyer did not blink an eye through the whole photo shoot!








Kara is sitting by her new friend she made in VBS, Elise.
Michael sporting a stick on flower for an earring!
My beautiful girls!

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

only 5?!?! That's just a tease!

Anonymous said...

I agree!!! You're just teasing!!! Love the one of Sawyer and that is a great pic of Liz and Jessica! But we need more!!!

Anonymous said...

OH and the one of Michael cracked me up!!!! LOL

jessicaday said...

Yay!!!! You have to give me a cd of these pics. I LOVE the ones of them in khaki!!!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful grandchildren and daughters!

Hope you have a wonderful VBS!

Anonymous said...

OH they're so GOOD!!!! Love the laying down ones, love the ones of Michael holding Sawyer....Gosh I love them all!!!! I hope you enlarge those and frame them!