Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Looking Back

I wanted to post this yesterday, but forgot, lol! We called Hannah yesterday to wish her a Happy 6th Birthday and by the time we finished talking to her I forgot! Oh, Boy! It is so much fun to get old! :)

Anyway! This is for Hannah. This baby picture reminds me so much of Elisabeth when she was a baby because the biggest thing on her was her brilliant blue eyes!
This picture was taken January 14, 2005 of Hannah. Look at those eyes!
This was taken of Liz sometime in 1984. I would say she is about a year old. Look at those eyes!
This was taken in 1984, too! Actually, I may have been taken at the end of 1983 when we first moved to this house on Race Road in Cincinnati. It is hard to see because of the blur, but Liz's eyes are pretty big here, too!
Speaking of eyes, lol! Hannah has stars in her eyes in this one taken during VBS this year! This is her prize she picked out.
And, here's our big eyed, toothless little girl, who will be in the 1st grade this year! This was taken during the week she spent with Kara.
I found a picture of Liz when she was 6. How cute! This was taken 10/30/1989. She is holding a saw blade I painted for my dad's birthday (10/31/89). I don't know about you, but I can sure see the resemblance between mommy and daughter when Liz was Hannah's age!

7 comments:

jessicaday said...

Wow! Like mother, like daughter. :-) They are both so beautiful!!

Betty Jo said...

Vicky I see your church is in Winston Salem, NC. Do you live in WS? I used to live in Winston, near old Salem. One of my best friends still lives there. I love WS and have often thought of returning, but want to stay closer to my family now that my husband has passed away.

Elisabeth said...

awwww! This brought tears to my eyes. Love my girl and seeing the first pic of her as a baby makes me REALLY want this next one to be a girl too! I honestly don't see much of a resemblance between us.

jessicaday said...

Liz, that's only because you hair styles are so different. Your eyes are exactly the same!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I loved that! And I do see the resemblance!

Vicky said...

Betty Jo,
So nice of you to visit my blog!
Yes, we live in WS. I live on S. Main street very close to US 52 (less than a mile). We love it here. But, when you are willing to follow the Lord's leading, He helps you to LOVE it, even when you've left family far behind! If you are EVER in WS, I would love for you to contact me!

Betty Jo said...

Vicky I certainly will. I'm not sure when we will actually be moving as a family but we're moving to Charlotte, or at least my kids are. I will be with them at first but then finding a place of my own, but hopefully not right in the city. I would prefer a smaller town outside Charlotte. Once I get settled I plan to visit my friends Kitty and Grayson Baxter in WS. I'll let you know and maybe we can meet for coffee or something.