Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day..........

To my wonderful husband and to Michael, our wonderful son!

I was looking through my boxes and boxes of pictures for a certain picture and found these pictures of Tim that I thought I would post since today is his day!  I am guessing at some of the dates.  Enjoy!


I'm guessing maybe January 1955 for these first 2, since he was born Dec. 18, 1954
 This is Tim's Gram, Tim's mom's mom.
 The date on the back of this picture says "Week of Feb. 7, 1955."  I'd say it is a 4-generation picture and I'm guessing that the woman seated holding Tim is Tim's mom's mom's mother.
 I'm guessing April - June 1955.

The date on this one is June 1955.
Happy First Birthday!
This picture reminds me of some of Nathanael's baby pictures.  I'm guessing January 1956.

The date on the back "Week of June 14, 1958" so he is about 3 1/2 here.  This reminds me of Michael as a toddler.
I have no idea on this one, but I'm guessing maybe 1st or 2nd grade?
Since he and I graduated together, I'm going to say he is in the 6th grade even though he looks much younger than that!
9th grade, 1969/70 school year, according to the writing on the back, which would confirm he is in the 6th grade in the one above.
I'm going to guess this 1973 or 1974 since he has a U of L shirt on.
I'm guessing 1975 or 1976 at U of L.
I'm going to guess 1978 for his graduation from NKU (Northern KY Univ).
This is my ALL TIME favorite picture of him.....I'm guessing around 1980...a Temple Baptist College picture.

So, there's a few pictures from baby to college.  Next, I'll scan some of our early years together.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the walk down memory lane!

Anonymous said...

loved that!!!