Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Short Visit, But Sweet!

Jessica and Elisabeth came to the house this weekend, along with the kids.  It was a spur of the moment visit that started like this:
Jessica e-mailed me on Monday, I believe, stating she hoped I could spend some time with her in Lancaster this summer because she had a few days she could take off.  I told her I had been thinking about it and we discussed when the best time would be.  We ended the conversation for the day with me planning to talk to Tim about when the best time for us would be and she would figure out the same on her end.  The more I thought about what all was going to be happening this summer with the church activities, the biggest being VBS preparations, Tim and I decided that either this weekend or next weekend is when it would have to be.  So, I called Jessica to discuss it with her.  She was going to have to talk to Jeremy about switching weekends.  I told her to let me know by Wednesday if possible so that I could line up someone from church to take my SS class. 

On Tuesday everything was set so that I would be going there this weekend, but Jessica's boss was not giving her a definite on being able to take Monday off.

On Wednesday Liz sent me a note saying Jessica had asked her what she was doing this weekend.  Unbeknown to me, Liz was thinking of coming to NC...........however it depended on whether Abigail was going to need surgery to remove the cyst that was under her belly button.  She wouldn't find that out til Thursday's DR appt.  So, Jessica told Liz they could both come with the kids to NC!  Now this new plan was a blessing as our budget is extra tight this month with it being our biggest birthday gift month, not to mention the high gas prices and everything else jumping in cost!

On Thursday the plan was finalized when Liz heard the good news that Abigail's cyst had shrunk and surgery was not going to be needed!  Praise the LORD!  However, Jessica's boss was still not giving her a definite answer on whether she could have Monday off.

So, on Friday Jessica worked half a day from home, drove to Liz's and they both drove to NC, arriving around 9:00 p.m.  And, the picture-taking began!

 Chance has learned to stick his tongue out!
 Chance kept us entertained with his antics.  Here he is holding a glass between his teeth.  Sometimes he would lean his head back and look at you through the bottom of the glass.  Too funny!
 He also would shake his head from side to side and wrinkle his nose up and snort.

On Saturday, it was soooooooooo hot that we took the kids to the pool!  Abigail and I sat along the side with an umbrella propped up to create some shade.  It was too hot for her to sit in the stroller.
 Everyone started out in the kiddie pools.

 At one point, Abigail got fussy and we decided to give her a little dip to cool her off.  She loved it!
 Chance has had some swimming lessons, so he is another little fish in the family!  LOVES the pool!  And has NO fear!
 The cool water only distracted Abigail for a bit.  Liz finally had to feed her.  See those little toes sticking out from under the towel?!  :D
 Meanwhile, Jessica kept the others occupied.

 NOW, after a full belly, Abigail was out like a light!
 Jessica took the kids to the big pool for awhile before we headed home.

 After we left the pool and got into the cars, these thunder clouds rolled in!  We were leaving just in time!
 Abigail has the sweetest little grin!  She sure didn't sleep much on Saturday!  And, it turned into a night that mommy had to finally just lay her in her bed and let her cry herself to sleep............then she slept ALLLLLL night!  Chance slept ALLLLLLLLLLLLL night, too!

 Papaw playing with the boys before bed.
 Sunday morning, after a GOOD night's sleep, Jessica and Elisabeth woke feeling pretty refreshed!  Here, Abigail just finished her sponge bath!
 Isn't her church dress so pretty?  She's not happy because it is almost time to eat!

 Hannah and Rosa, ready for church!
 Michael holding Chance right before I dressed Chance for church.
 Church is over now and Jessica wanted a nice group picture.  Liz and kids were already undressed!
 Here I am with the Main Man!
 Hannah and Ryan playing before lunch.
 Chance had to get in on some of the play, too!
 This is the outfit Abigail ended up wearing to church!  She has had her lunch!  I love taking pictures of their little bottoms up in the air while they sleep!  Liz took this picture!
 Chance likes to use his mouth to get his food off of the tray.  Why waste time putting it in your hand first?  :D
 A nice picture of Papaw and the grandchildren.




And, last but not least, Michael wanted to hold Abigail before they all left for home.  Yes, it was a short visit, but very sweet!  Love you all!

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

What a great visit! My favorite pictures are the ones where Abigail's little feet are sticking out from under the towel, then next thing you see, she's out cold napping. Lol!! She's looking more and more like Hannah the older she gets. Man, you have some beautiful grandkids! :-)

Kimberly Pitman said...

What a fantastic picture memory of your great weekend! I'm so glad your daughters and grandchildren got to come for a visit. God sure worked out all of the details in a wonderful way!