Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, June 24, 2011

Crochet the Night Away!

I got totally immersed in looking for free crochet patterns for kids/babies on the web yesterday and in my searching I found some really cute things for Abigail.  So, I quickly set out to work on my new found patterns.

The top shown in the picture was actually a dress and the bodice was solid, not lacey like I made mine.  The bottom of the top is made of "Solomon's Knots" which I had never heard of, so I found a YouTube video showing how to make them.  Very simple, but a royal pain to mess with!  But, if you want the WOW factor in your project, you have to painstakingly get there!  Since I was changing the pattern, I needed to find some little bloomers.  These are called "soakers" and that is something else I had never heard of!  I guess they are for soaking up pee that leeks out, not to mention the other grossness!  I'm going to tweak the pattern the next time I make these because there is a seam in the front where you sew the crotch when you are finished.  Then decided a headband and some sandals would look cute and finish the outfit!  And, Voila!  Here you have it!

I used my kit, Abigail, to make the layout.

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! You are so taleneted!!