Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Great Weekend with Family

What a wonderful weekend with the Day Family!  EVERYONE except Cheryl and Addy were with us!

Friday, May 22nd
Kim arrived at around 7:15 a.m. after a practically sleepless night on the road (about a 1 1/2 hour catnap is all she could get), so she arrived much earlier than anticipated!

Michael, Jessica and Kara arrived around 11:45 p.m. to put food in the fridge before heading over to the hotel.

Jessica, Terry, Michael, Chance, Thad and Araya arrived around 2:45 a.m. Saturday morning.  I did NOT hear them come into the house!  :D

Saturday, May 23rd
Ryan had a soccer game, so we all went to cheer him on (except for Jessica and gang).  The game ended in a tie, 1 to 1.  They played for a certain amount of time and then the game was over.  Ryan is #7.



Playing offense down by the other team's goal.

Hannah and Kara enjoying some shade.

Abby cuddling with papaw.

After the game, we went back to Elisabeth's.  The kids were ready to get in the pool!  The water was chilly, but THEY didn't care!  :D
Michael came with us instead of staying behind with mom and gang.

Ryan

Abby

Chance

Abby pushing Uncle Terry in.

Araya enjoying her lunch!

Kim and Nat playing corn hole

Even Araya got dressed for the pool!

Thad jumping into the float ring

Araya didn't mind the cold water at all!

My beautiful daughters!

lunch time!

The guys doing what guys do.....play football.

Araya enjoying an afternoon siesta!

Sunday, May 24th
Our church attendance was up significantly today with the 17 Day's being in attendance!  :D

Araya waiting for bath time.

Ryan, Chance and Thad slept together on the hide-away bed.

Araya LOVES bath time!

Liz getting the camera set up for the family group photos before everyone leaves for home.

So blessed with a beautiful family!

All of the grandchildren, except Adalina.


So blessed with 4 great kids!


LOVE this gang to pieces!  Thank you, LORD, for your blessings on me!
Hannah, Ryan and Abby spent the night, so they stayed and went to church.
Abby being Abby in her undies.

Abby kept her clothes on longer this weekend than I have ever seen her in clothes!

Monday, May 25th
We decided to meet Brad and Liz at Boone Cave Park.  Liz wanted to do some hiking, but some of us just wanted to check out the playground equipment.
What we found when we arrived at the park.  Bummer!

WHAT???  How can they be closed today?

Waiting while Liz looked for another park on her phone.

We went to another park.  The main road to this park had a bridge out in the middle of each entrance/exit to the park.  We were beginning to think we had made a mistake in even leaving the house!  :D  I don't remember what the name of this park is.







And we ended with a group photo.  Liz and Brad went to another place (Bull Hole) and we went home.

And that, my friends, is how our wonderful weekend with family went!  Thank you, LORD!

No comments: