Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 15, 2015

A Peek at Our Week

Friday, May 8th
Tim and I celebrated 39 year of marriage today!  We went together for 5 years before we were married, so that is 44 years that we have been together!  Hard to believe!  So thankful the LORD gave Tim to me!

Jessica and Elisabeth treated me to a Mother's Day get-away with them AND their girls!  We had lots of fun, but the time was too short!  Liz picked me up around 5:00.  We stopped for supper and ate it in the car as we headed up to Charleston, WV to spend the night.  Brad spends nights in the Best Western hotel when he travels for work and we were able to get a free night!

We got to the hotel around 8:30.  Jessica was still out and about with her dear friend, Amber.  Jessica came down earlier so she could spend some time with Amber and have supper with her.  Here are some pictures after she got to the hotel.




Saturday, May 9th
All of us went to the town-wide yard sales in Eleanor.  I got out for the first few, but then kept the kids in the car while the moms shopped!  Brad's mom and sister-in-law came, too.  So they all shopped together.

It was really hot!  So, to cool off, we went to DQ and got some ice cream!  Then we contacted Nathanael to see if he could meet us at the Hurricane City Park with Adalina.  Here are a few pictures from there.





Before heading back to NC, we went to Fat Patty's to eat.  Then we said our goodbyes and headed to NC.  It was a REALLY short and sweet trip!

We stopped at this Scenic Overlook to stretch our legs a bit.  Here is the only thing that was worth looking at!

This is the bridge you can see from this stop that we travel on when coming/going to West Virginia, etc.  It is over the Bluestone River in Mercer County, West Virginia.  You can read about the namesake of the bridge, Cornelius H. Charlton, by clicking on the picture of the bridge.
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/chcharlton.htm

Monday, May 11th and Tuesday, May 12th
Worked on some collages of the grandkids to hang.  It took forever because I had to do them twice.  The first time I accidentally deleted them somehow and couldn't retrieve them!  So, I went to facebook to get photos of the kids that the girls had posted.  I accidentally deleted all of my photos from facebook that I have collected over the last year or so!  I was so aggravated!

Wednesday, May 13th
Tim and I went to the thrift stores today since we are traveling the next couple of days.  We found a bigger plant stand!

I got a $10 coupon in the mail from AC Moore, so I went shopping after Tim and I got back from thrifting.  The original pricing on these 3 items (stickers, water color brush and stamps) was $20.97 but I had a 55% off coupon for the paint brush and the stickers and stamps were on sale!  So, I ended up having to pay $0.04 for it all!  CHA-CHING!  :D

Out of 4 Knock-out Rose bushes, this is the only one that survived the summer last year.



I don't remember what these are called, but I planted them under the tree in the back of the house to attract butterflies and/or hummingbirds, not sure which!  :D  However, they are attracting neither!

Love this mixture of flowers in a big pot out back.

Only Bible art journaling page I have done in a couple of weeks.





Thursday, May 14th
We traveled to Northern Kentucky to see Tim's mom for Mother's Day and take her out to dinner.  I brought my art journaling Bible and a devotional along to read in the car while we traveled.
 The weather was absolutely beautiful for traveling!
We stopped to see Tim's dad first before we went to his mom's.  We left there around 4:45 and got to Tim's mom's house some time after 5.  We chit-chatted for awhile before leaving to take her out for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.  Chit-chatted some more when we got back to the house before leaving for the hotel.

Friday, May 15th
Left the hotel around 9:30, I guess, after eating breakfast.  Once we got close to Charleston, WV, I put in some Goodwill addresses.  Didn't find anything.  We stopped for lunch in Beckley.  We went to the Goodwill there when we finished lunch.  Still nothing of interest for us to buy.



When we left Beckley, the clouds came rolling in!  And so did the rain!





After we got home and got everything put away, I started working on a picture project.  I took the collage picture files to Walmart on Wednesday to get them printed out on 11x14 photo paper.  I've been collecting these 12x12 frames over the last year or so.  I took them all apart, cleaned the glass (or replaced some with plexiglass) and trimmed the photos down to fit and then put them back together.  I still need 2 more white frames, however, to have a collage hung for all 9 grandkids.

This first picture shows what 4 of the frames had in them (sports drawings) before I took them apart.  The other frames had some girly prints in them.

Here's the collage for Michael.

 Here's the one for Hannah.  That is a reflection on her middle picture.

Here's Kara's.

Here's Ryan's.

Here's Chance's.





Here's Abby's


I had to spray paint Thad's frame to match the other white ones.  I still need frames for Adalina's and Araya's collages. 

So, there you have it!  Our week in review!
Nite!




2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

There is a lot of great stuff in that post! I love your flowers, I love the drawing of holding hands (I couldn't even begin to draw that), and I LOVE the collages of the grandkids!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the collages!!!! What a great idea!