Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Peek at Our Week

Sunday, May 3rd
Scrapping Day
I had not scrapped in a while, so I decided to do some of the challenges at The DigiChick.
Month in Review Challenge

Art Journal Challenge

Give Me (White) Space Challenge

Product Challenge - Journal Cards

Rule of Thirds Challenge

Progressive Scrap (not finished - will add more each week)

Signature Challenge

Designer Spot Light Challenge

Template Challenge

Use it All Challenge

Word Art Challenge

Monday, May 4th
Very busy and productive day.
I don't worry about the dishes on Sunday, so I had to clean up that mess this morning

3 pots of flowers combined into this one.




Since this coming Sunday is Mother's Day......

31 day scripture challenge.

Weather was perfect!

Freshly mowed yard.
Watered the hanging planters on the car port.

Tim working on the rust on the hand rails at church.

Lost the electricity for a couple of hours tonight.  Never did hear what happened.

Tuesday, May 5th
Another busy day.
Yes, that is a chair cushion on the 5 gallon bucket!  You would think as big as my caboose is that I wouldn't need MORE padding!  :D  I helped Tim paint the railings after he sanded them yesterday.  It was HOT in the sun!

Bible journaling challenge with Rebekah Jones.

31 days scripture challenge.  Got the picture of the baby off the internet.

Wednesday, May 5th
Hospital day.

Had to be at the hospital today at 9:15 for Tim to get signed in and ready for the CT scans of his brain, chest, abdomen and pelvic area.  He was done by 10:00.  He had a doctor's appointment at 11:30, so we just hung around.

I had not eaten breakfast and so we went to the cafeteria in the hospital, but it was closed in preparation for lunch.  But, this restaurant was right there, too.  Tim loves bagels, so we went in and ordered a breakfast bagel each.  Tim got sausage, egg and cheese on a cinnamon raisin bagel (which sounded not-so-good to me).  I got bacon, egg and cheese on a whole wheat bagel.  I could taste the bacon a little was about it.  My taste buds have gone on vacation again!  :D
The breakfast bagels we had at 10:00 held us til dinner at 4:30.
 By the time we got back to the doctor's appointment, it was about time to get signed in.  They went ahead and checked Tim in and took his vitals.  We only sat in the waiting room maybe 10 minutes.

Dr. Triozzi examined Tim.  Tim told him he had discovered 5 more new lumps in the last week.  The doctor went to check on the results from the CT scans, but they were not back yet.  He looked at the scans and told Tim he saw 2 spots on his brain but said he believed they were vascular.  I don't know what that means but I was glad to hear it was not cancer!

We went to the area where Tim would receive his first treatment of the new medicine via infusion.  However, there were no empty chairs, so he had to make an appt. to go back tomorrow at 3 p.m.

We came home and then went back to Walmart for some groceries and water.

After dinner, the doctor called Tim to tell him that the radiologist had said he believed the spots on his brain were in fact melanoma.  Dr. Triozzi still wants Tim to do 2 doses of this new medicine, one tomorrow and one in 3 weeks.  Then he will have more scans done to see if the spots on the brain change and then decide what to do from there.

Certainly not the news were were hoping for, but still trusting God for the outcome of this trial
31 days of Scripture Challenge.


Tomorrow is thrifting day!
Nite!

No comments: