Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, October 5, 2015

A Do-less Day

Today was a do-nothing day, basically.  I got up at 8:15 or there abouts.  Made the bed, checked my e-mail and facebook, cleaned up the kitchen, then got ready to leave to go to Planet Fitness for a bit.  By the time I got there, it was after 10.  I walked for half an hour at a pace of 2 miles per hour.  I was feeling it after 6 minutes, LOL!  I am sooooo out of shape!

After I finished walking, I ran over to AC Moore.  I'm looking for Art Basics brand of clear gesso for my Bible Art Journaling in the Bible I got specifically for art journaling.  I had a 55% coupon that I wanted to use on it.  No deal, however.  I'm beginning to wonder if they even carry it.  They have other Art Basics supplies.  May have to order it from Amazon.

When I got home I fixed some lunch and sat down to check the e-mail and facebook again.  After I finished eating, I worked on the church sign.

Well, since I have recollected everything, I guess I actually DID do a little bit today, didn't I?  :D

That was about it, however.  The rest of the afternoon I spent in front of the computer searching through artsy stuff for inspiration.

At 4:00, I put some sweet potatoes in the little toaster oven to bake.  At 4:30 I turned up the temperature because they just weren't really cooking.  Then about 4:45 I went ahead and turned up the temperature again.  Jessica called at 5, which she does most Monday's on her way home from work.  It serves 2 purposes, touching base with me and helps the time pass on her trip home.  It means a lot to me that she takes the time to call, especially since we don't get to see one another very often.

So, after dinner I started working on the "31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling" on line class at artbyerinleigh.com that I started quite awhile ago.  So, I'm on Day 2.  Today was practicing lines and then using LOTS of lines in a project.  Here's my practice and the project.

Line Practice
The project
I created a guide to use in the placement of everything.  I slid the guide under the sketch page and drew pencil lines to follow as I penciled everything on to the page.  Then I went back over everything with a black micron pen.  Then I had to erase all of the pencil lines.  Took FOREVER, but it turned out pretty well, I think!

Now, I think I will go and do some reading.

1 comment:

http://best-essays.co.uk/ said...

I really love that Do-less day. However, usually they become to I-do-not-have-time-to-finish-all-that-I-planned!:) Usually I plan to have some rest, do fitness, clean house, prepare something delicious, read book, knit, etc. And when it comes to the end of the day, it turns out that I do not have time to finish it:(