Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Art

So, I told you last night that I would post some pictures tonight.  Here are the projects I have done over the last couple of months.  Enjoy!

6x6" mixed media canvas for my SS room

cover of my Bible art journal from a summer class

The first page in the Bible art journal

Bible art journal (can you see the grapes?)

Bible art journal

Bible art journal

Bible art journal

Bible Art Journal

Another challenge, but don't remember what group I did this for.

Bible Art Journal

Don't recall the challenge group.
 
This was the beginning of...................
.......this 6x6" mixed media canvas.

Don't remember the group I did this one for.


Documented Faith Challenge

Documented Faith Challenge

Bible Art Journal Challenge with Rebekah Jones

Documented Faith

Documented Faith

Here's some digital pages I have done:

These pages were done using Kimeric Kreations kit collection, Autumn on the Great River Road found at the DigiChick in her shop here:  http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Kimeric-Kreations/

Done for the Documented Life Project

Another one for Bible Art Journaling Challenge with Rebekah Jones

Documented Faith
This one is using Kimeric Kreations kit collection, Dear Diary.
Documented Faith


Here is a HUGE canvas project I did.  I'm going to go through the process in making it:

STEP 1 - added 5 colors to this 24x36" canvas.

STEP 2 - spread and blended the paints

STEP 3 - gathered up a bunch of stencils to use to give the background texture and interest

STEP 4 - printed out this silhouette and cut it out

STEP 5 - added tissue paper for texture

STEP 6 - cut out the silhouette

STEP 7 - using stencils, create more interest in the background

STEP 8 - added verse to silhouette

STEP 9 - still needed to add lots of stencils to the background.

STEP 10 - after getting everything in the background the way I wanted it, I then decided to paint the silhouettes.  Then I added the lettering and sealed it and this is done!  Now to find a place to hang it!  :D

Well, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed viewing my art.

No comments: