Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Prayers for My Guy!

Only one picture today and it is of my guy and me!  So thankful to the Lord for him being in my life!  Don't know where I'd be without him!  I'm glad I don't have to worry about that!


The cancer treatment he is currently on is messing with his stomach.  He was not able to eat today because his stomach "just doesn't feel right."  We ate lunch at Arby's yesterday after we went to see Buford in the hospital and he couldn't eat again last night.  And he has eaten very little today.  His stomach is not nauseous, just still feels full.  Like his food is just sitting there.  Plus, he has drainage that is causing him to cough, so that might have something to do with his stomach, too.

Please pray for him.  I know most of you, if not all, who read this are praying!  He will have one more of the current cancer treatment, which is not working and all of the melanoma lumps are coming back again, and then he will have scans and the doctor will determine what to do next.  There are no more melanoma treatments available other than what he has already been on.......7 different ones.  The 2 treatments that have worked, worked radically!  But, his body becomes resistant to the treatment and it stops working.

The wound on his chest that he had radiation on is just not dying much.  So, soon he will begin a round of 10 radiation treatments - one per day for 2 weeks.  Thank the Lord we are only 15 minutes away from the Cancer Center at Wake Forest Baptist here in Winston Salem.  I have never given it a thought until now that this might be one of the reasons the Lord brought us to North Carolina.  I'm so glad He has control of our lives!

Tim will also have another brain MRI in a couple of months because one of the spots in his brain that had the gamma knife procedure was showing inflammation around it on the last MRI he had last week, so the doctor wants to keep an eye on that to make sure it is nothing else.

Blessings to all!  Love you and nite!

3 comments:

Judith said...

You and Tim always have my prayers and my love. You both inspire me to be better, do better, love better every time I read your posts here or on Facebook. Love from me to you, V!!!

Judith said...

You and Tim always have my prayers and my love. You both inspire me to be better, do better, love better every time I read your posts here or on Facebook. Love from me to you, V!!!

Vicky said...

Thanks, J! Love you, too, my friend!