Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 11, 2016

Thimble, Thimble...........

Friday.
Remember the St. Patty's dress I made for Araya from a pattern that I rigged up?  Well, in determining how much material to buy, I bought waaaay too much!  Actually, I had more left over than I needed for the dress!  I really don't know what I did!  I have an idea, but the fact remains, I bought too much!  Anyway, since I had more material to use, I asked Jessica to give me an idea of what else I could make with the leftover material.  This is what she requested.  A wrap around summer dress.  It is one piece that wraps around and fastens at the front where you see the snaps.  I even had enough to make a cute hat!  I have a feeling the hat will be too big!  But, maybe not!  Our family is know to have big heads, and not because we are conceited!  Brain power, baby!  :D  That's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

Anyway, I wanted to dress up the outfit a bit with a flower.  So, I used some of the yellow bias binding to make loops for the flower and added a BIG black button as the center.  I knew I needed to stitch this pretty well so that Araya would not be able to rip it off the first time she wears it!  However, the many layers to go through made for some sore fingers by the time I was done!  Time to buy a thimble!  :D  If my fingers had not been so sore by the time I got done, my intentions were to make another flower for the top of the little hat!  Ummm!  Not so much now!

I have to say that I absolutely love the little hat!  So much so that I think I'm going to try to find a bigger pattern for myself!  We'll see what happens!  :D



Close-up of the flower that was painful to make without a thimble!

The outfit will be in the mail tomorrow, Jessica!

So, Tim ended up at the doctor's office this morning to try to get some relief for his respiratory problems he has been having this week.  He called the office near 8:30 to see if he could get in.  They asked how far away he was.  When he told them 5 minutes, they said come in right now!  Long story short, he left with a prescription for some steroids for his cough and a z-pack of antibiotics!  He has been feeling much better today!  Thank you, Lord!

Our daily photo.
Time to do some reading before retiring.  Tomorrow will be a long day as I buy and get food ready for Buford's family and friends after the funeral on Monday.  Saw Ilene today.  She is holding up as well as can be expected.  She told me they have been members of our church for 28 years!  Buford will be missed!  He was such a blessing to the church!  We will see you in heaven, my friend!

Nite!

No comments: