Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Better Now!

I have been sick since last Friday!  Gastrointestinal virus!  BLEH!!  So, I wasn't even taking pictures of Tim and myself for my daily photo!  I wasn't on the computer, either!  So you KNOW I was sick!  :D

Reading in my chair on (last) Friday, and out of the blue at 9:00 p.m. it hit me!  I went to bed after I spent quite awhile in the bathroom.  Saturday, still spent a lot of time in the bathroom, and had a terrible headache all day!  But I ate without too much stomach problem.......until 8:00 p.m.  I was in bed by 8:30, I believe!  Sunday morning, no better!  I asked the nurse at church to check on me before she went home.  She gave me medicine for nausea.  Monday I went to the doctor.  Got 2 shots and was told it was a virus.  Tuesday, diarrhea almost gone, but nausea still comes and goes, but the prescription for nausea the doctor gave me helped.  Wednesday, diarrhea gone, but still nauseous off and on.  Wednesday afternoon my stomach finally started feeling hungry a bit, but I still did not push it.  Mostly all I had eaten through the week was a banana, applesauce, maybe a slice of toast a couple of times and ate some rice in some broth and soup.  Mostly, just drinking Gatorade to keep hydrated.  Thursday, a touch of nausea when I woke up.  Ate some applesauce and was fine, basically, the rest of the day.  Today, Friday, NO MORE NAUSEA!!!  YAY!!  Felt really good ALL DAY!  Thank You, Lord!

Monday, Feb. 29th, after changing Tim's chest bandage and then went to bed.

Wednesday, March 2, before going to bed.

Heading out this morning, Friday, March 4th, to WV.

A beautiful day for traveling!  At least when we left!

Pilot Mountain in clear view.

The further north we went, the gloomier and cloudier it got.  Colder, too!

Virginia had a little bit of snow, but not too much.

Gas at home is almost $1.75 again.  Not in Wytheville, VA!  So we filled up!

Last tunnel from Virginia into WV.

After we stopped for lunch in Princeton, WV for Bob Evans (Exit 9), we took Exit 14 to take Rt. 20 into Talcott, WV.

Bluestone Lake.  Little bit of snow on the mountains.

Bluestone Dam at Hinton.

Rollynsburg Baptist Church where the preacher's fellowship was held today.  By the time we got to Talcott, there was no snow anywhere and the sun was breaking through the clouds!  For awhile, anyway!  When we left at about 7:45, a wet snow was coming down, but we drove out of it eventually.

Nite!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Tummy troubles are so awful. And just in time for your trip, too. So great.