Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 2, 2016

But, if Not!

Here's a good sermon to listen to, even though I do say so myself!  Preached by my husband back in 2013 just after he found out that his cancer had returned.

But, if Not!

We are still battling the melanoma.  Here is an update on his condition from a facebook post I made today:

I haven't posted an update in awhile, but a friend just jarred my memory about something Tim pointed out to me last night.
The current treatment that the doctor put Tim back on (the combination of 2 pills, treatments 6 and 7) stopped shrinking the melanoma lumps under his skin about a month after he began taking them again. However, as long as no new lumps were developing, the doctor intends to keep him on the treatments.
Last night, however, Tim pointed out a lump he found yesterday on the front of his leg above the left knee (under the skin). His next appointment with the doctor is the 13th of this month. There is another clinical trial in the works that the doctor was checking on to see if Tim would qualify to participate in if and when needed. That may be the next step.
I know this has been a looooong process and much prayer has been offered on Tim's behalf, which we appreciate so very much! While we would love for this trial to end, we don't know what the Lord has in store for us. We would LOVE for the Lord to take it away permanently, but if not, we will still trust and serve Him until He takes us home to live with Him!

Tim is feeling great!  No pain!  Healthy appetite!  So, in the trial, there ARE blessings!  He could be so much worse off!

No comments: