Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 30, 2016

On Your Mark, Get Set.........

More preparations today before the "Hail, hail!  The gangs all here!"  Tomorrow, Jessica and I leave from our respective homes after the morning services to travel and meet in the middle between here and there!  :D  It still remains to be seen if Chance and Thad will actually come.  I think if Chance does that Thad will, too.  Michael will come regardless!  Then on Monday sometime Elisabeth will bring Hannah, Ryan and Abby and we will switch out vehicles so I can have the van all week to transport all 6 kids around, assuming Chance and Thad stay.

After having the D&C yesterday, in which a HUGE polyp was removed and sent to the lab to confirm it is not cancerous, I was a good girl and rested (slept mostly) the rest of the day.  And slept like a baby all night, too!  That is, from 1 a.m. to about 9 a.m.  I really figured after sleeping most of the afternoon that I would be up all night!  So, I was ready to go and run some errands today for preparations for the grandkids coming.

First of all I stopped at Mega Thrift to find some T-shirts for wearing to VBS.  From there I went to Michael's because I had a 60% off coupon that I got some adhesive with and also found some marked down 3 ring binders covered in paper so I can decorate them with scrapbook paper when needed.  Then I went to Dollar Tree to look for items to make some of the ideas I posted yesterday.  I didn't find any pool noodles!  Booo!  I did find balloons for the Balloon ping pong game.  I also got some glow in the dark necklaces that I plan on using as hoops for tossing over stakes at night.

After Dollar Tree I stopped at Aldi and Walmart for some more groceries.  I wanted to go to Lowes to see about the materials to make the terracotta flower pot bird bath, but I was just too stinking hot and had not yet eaten so I gave up on that idea this go around.

I cut up sponges and a shelf liner and made these sponge water bombs.

I cooked a pork roast all day and shredded it to have BBQs sometime this week.

Thawing some ground turkey and hamburger for sloppy joes and tacos.  I will go ahead and cook the meat so I can just grab it and finish adding the sauce, etc to it.

I washed off the grapes.  I'll put them back in their bag and store in the fridge after they dry some.

The lunchables and some of the yogurt and lettuce for the tacos.  I bought some corn chips to make a taco salad.

Lots of water that the kids can add flavor packets to all by themselves and write their names on their bottles.
Tim said he would take dish duty next week!  I am planning on having the kids share the chore of cleaning and setting the table, too.  Also, I will allow them to help me do what little cooking there will be.  Can't wait for the week to begin!

No comments: