Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, July 31, 2016

GO!

And, we are off!  I drove to WV to meet Terry and Jessica so I could bring the boys back with me for spending the week and attending VBS this week.  Not a whimper from anyone so far!  :D

We met at the Montgomery/Paint Creek exit on 77.
It was about 6:20 when we pulled into the parking lot.  We didn't unpack the car.  We walked right over to the church, which was already in progress.  Let's just say that I have NEVER driven that far that fast before!  Thank the Lord that there were no police as I was doing 80 and 90 most of the way!

After church I fixed some scrambled eggs and toast for our supper!  They ate like little pigs!  Actually, so did I!  :D
In case you haven't noticed, you will soon, that Chance is in the "let's make a face for the camera" stage!  :D
Then we played some UNO.  Thad won the first game!  Then Papa won, then Michael and by that time, Thad was done playing since he wasn't winning any more!  :D
The Winner!

Next, ice cream!  YUM!
Another goofy face!

Thad could have sworn that he saw some lightning bugs, so we took a jug outside and tried to find them.  They did capture a moth!  No lightning bugs, however!

The only lightning we caught tonight was in the sky!  Awww!  The rain coming down right now sure sounds sweet!  :D
I thought this was just heat lightning at first, but there were some streaks of lightning along the way, which I could not capture.
 Thanks, Jessica, for organizing the clothes in separate baggies!  Love it!

Well, the lights are out and I haven't heard a peep, so I think I am going to retire for the night!  And it isn't even 11 o'clock yet!  WOW!  The rain pounding on the roof is too irresistible!  :D  NITE!

No comments: