Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Tie That Binds

Blest Be the Tie That Binds
John Fawcett, pub.1782
Hosea 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

Blest be the tie that binds
Our hearts in Christian love;
The fellowship of kindred minds
Is like to that above.

Before our Father’s throne,
We pour our ardent prayers;
Our fears, our hopes, our aims are one,
Our comforts, and our cares.

We share our mutual woes,
Our mutual burdens bear;
And often for each other flows
The sympathizing tear.

When we asunder part,
It gives us inward pain;
But we shall still be joined in heart,
And hope to meet again.


Tim always had us sing the first verse of this song after we observed the Lord's Supper.  The song speaks of the tie we Christians have to one another in Christ.  It is the blood of our Savior that binds us together as part of the family of God!

As families gather together to celebrate Thanksgiving, it is our blood that binds us together in family love.  I pray that the bind is even deeper and that besides being family by blood, your family is bound by the blood of Christ.  Most, if not all of what is said in the few, short verses of this song can be applied to the family.

Those of you who may have dissension in your family, do what you must to mend the discord.  Swallow your pride.  Allow the tears to flow.  Apologize.  Forgive!  Whatever it takes!  Life is too short and eternity is long!  

Today is Thanksgiving with part of the family.  Elisabeth and Brad and family have been in WV this week with Brad's family.  They drove the 2 hours to Jessica's and are spending the night.  They ate lunch with us.  We had ham, green beans, cheesy potato casserole, and Hawaiian rolls.  Tonight is pizza.  Brad and Terry have gone shopping!  We won't see them the rest of the night, probably!

Tomorrow Tim's brothers Jon and Jeff, his sister, Jennifer, his mom and dad will be coming.  Our son, Nathanael and his daughter, Addy will join us, too.  Our son, Michael and family will not be here as they host Thanksgiving at their house in Alabama for Jessica's family.  But, we will see them Christmas.  I love that everyone will be together.

Today's loveliness:
Jessica did most of the food prep while I helped keep the kitchen cleaned and the dishes washed.

Sally chillaxin'

Sally covered Liz up.  What a big dog!  Good thing she is done growing!

Enjoying some chit chat


Rosey enjoying the sunshine and warmer temps today

Terry helping with the ham

The 12 of us celebrating Thanksgiving Day

Afternoon fun

Hannah chillaxin'

Brad trying to settle in for some chillaxin' after shopping with Terry

More ping pong




Remember the project I started when I first got here at Jessica's?  This is the finished product.  Ear warmers.  The top is open.  It is for Jessica.  I like it!  Gonna have to make one for myself now!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  We sure did!  Thank You, Lord, for my family!

No comments: