Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Rainy Days and Sundays.....

One gets you down and the other lifts you up!  So glad when Sundays roll around!  What a great way to begin a new week!

But, let's back up a couple of days:

Friday, Feb. 2
A picture of Jessica and I as we wait for our cars to have the oil changed and tires rotated.  Having company helped to make the time pass quickly as we waited.

Do you recognize those speakers behind Jessica's shoulder?  Think drive-in movies.  LOVED going to the drive-in movie as a kid!


Saturday, February 3
Besides being my sister, Kim's birthday, Jessica and I went to a Women's Conference. ". . . hem . 2018" was the title.  "If I could touch His garment, just the hem."....There were four speakers and each woman intertwined their personal story with the woman who had an "issue of blood" for 12 years and she had exhausted her living on doctors who had not helped her and she was desperate to get close enough to Jesus in the crowd of people.....just close enough to be able to touch the hem of his garment.  And she did and immediately Jesus felt power go from Him and she was healed!  When He asked who had touched Him, she came forward and told Jesus why she had touched Him.  He said, "Daughter, your faith has made you whole; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."

Because of her issue, she was considered unclean and should not have been in the crowd in the first place.  But, her faith caused her to be bold and reach for Jesus anyway!  Her faith in Jesus healed her!

Jesus called her, Daughter.  Those of us who have been saved are daughters of the King of kings and Lord of lords.  We have his unconditional love, acceptance, understanding.  He is always available.  We are never alone.  He always forgives us.

Faith is prompted by desperation.  Faith pushes us to Jesus.  Faith overcomes obstacles.  Faith opens the door to the power of God!

The stage area where the speakers stood and the musicians played and sang.

Each table had this center piece.

Everyone in attendance received this photo holder.

The lady behind the keyboard was the main vocalist with the other 2 ladies on each side of her.  There was a drummer and 2 electric guitarists.  Jessica and Michael's church has 3 campuses, theirs being the main one.  The other 2 are in nearby towns.  We went to one of the other campuses.  The 3rd campus actually is still under construction.

Sunday, February 4
I went to bed fairly early last night and woke up really early, too!  I heard it raining outside.  It took me several hours to get back to sleep, but then it was time to get up and ready for church.
Looking out over the lake this morning.  


I zoomed in to focus on the fog rolling through.




I love this picture Jessica has hanging in her house.  It is 3 dimensional.  I'm going to attempt to either recreate it or do a smaller version in an art journal.......one of these days!

Same for this 3D boat picture!

The pastor is going through the book of Genesis and his sermon today was taken from Genesis 37 where Joseph's brothers threw him into the pit, then sold him to the Ishmaelite traders who then took Joseph to Egypt and sold him.  I took the following notes:
1.  Pits happen and we experience:
 - the feeling of aloneness, isolation, betrayal
 - fear
 - worry
Sometimes we slip into the pit.
Sometimes someone throws us into the pit.
Sometimes we jump into the pit.
2.  One sin usually leads to another
The brothers took the coat, dipped it into blood and took it back to deceive Jacob, who, remember, was a deceiver himself!  Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked:  for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." 
3.  The pit was Joseph's path to prosperity.
He couldn't see it at this point.
The most important thing to do in the pit you find yourself in is to praise the Lord.  Eventually Joseph could say to his brothers, "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."  God is not caught off guard in our circumstances.  He is working His plan.  There is no panic in heaven, only plans!
4.  Forsaken by his brothers, but not forsaken by God.
Genesis 45:8, Joseph told his brothers, "it wasn't you that sent me here, but God.  And He has made me lord over Pharaoh's house and ruler over all of Egypt."  Romans 8:28 - All things work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose.


This is the last night to be with Michael, Jessica and Kara.  Jessica has already asked me when I'lll be back.  (I'm glad my in-law children don't mind me spending time with them!)  Tomorrow morning, before they are awake probably, I will head back to Winston Salem.  I will lose an hour so that is why I am leaving an hour earlier than I did when I came this way from Winston.  It is an 8 hour trip, so I should arrive around the same time there as I arrived here, barring nothing happens.  I'm dreading the trip, but once I get started, I'll be OK.  I try to find the BBN Radio stations for the whole trip.  I tried to use their app on my phone on the way here, but since the trip is mostly out of range of a 4G connection, I just search the car radio till I find it.  There was one stretch that I couldn't find it, so I listened to an oldies station.

Anyway, praying the rain is done for the trip!  I hate traveling in the rain!  Pray with me for a safe trip!  Thank you, Jessica, for your wonderful hospitality!  Love you bunches!

1 comment:

Debbie Johnson said...

Church services were cancelled this morning due to icy conditions. May be ice in the morning(monday) too. Be careful driving back to Winston Salem. NC.