Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Roses Are Red

"If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime."  Swedish Proverb

"What a lovely thing a rose is." Arthur Conan Doyle

"Love and a red rose can't be hid." Thomas Holcroft

"Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."  Gertrude Stein

"And she was fair as is the rose in May."  Geoffrey Chaucer

"A relationship is like a rose,
How long it lasts, no one knows.
Love can erase an awful past,
Love can be yours, you'll see at last.
To feel that love, it makes you sigh,
To have it leave, you'd rather die.
You hope you've found that special rose,
" 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose."
~ Rob Cella

"Beauty without virtue is like a rose without scent."  Proverb

Roses are red, my love.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet, my love,
But not as sweet as you!


After pruning the roses a couple of days ago, with the exception of some of the buds, the rain left beautiful water droplets on the petals and leaves.  I had to take some pictures of the beauty this morning:











When Ilene was in the hospital last November because she had a stroke, they did some monitoring of her sleep and decided she needed to take the sleep apnea testing, which she did last Sunday night at the hospital.  We went to the doctor today for the results.  She had an average of 6.5 episodes per hour but the thing that concerned the doctor more than this was the fact that her oxygen level dropped so low when she was sleeping on her back.  So he wants her to try the CPAP machine for a month.  So, she will go back for another night in the hospital as they regulate the air for her and then after a month the determination will be made whether she will continue using the machine or not.

We had LOTS of rain yesterday, which we needed!

We did some miscellaneous shopping after the doctor's appointment today, so we stopped at "Randy's" restaurant in Welcome on the way back home.

We both had a grilled chicken salad.  YUMMY!
The rest of the day is being spent resting, doing laundry, reading, checkbook work and watching movies.

Psalm 116:7 "Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee."

Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings on me!

No comments: