Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 364 in the Year of Our Lord 2012

WOW!  That was a QUICK week!  My, how time flies when you are having fun!  :D   Hard to believe this is the last day the kids will be here!  They are all ready to come home as they miss mom, dad and the rest of the family!  And I'm ready for some peace and quiet again, LOL!   I sooooooooo love having the kids here, but it is always nice to get back into the usual routine!

Today is laundry day, so while I was working in the laundry and cleaning the bathrooms, I told the kids they could play games on the internet.  Ryan is all about the racing games.

 Hannah wanted to do girly games.
 Michael wanted to play Life by himself!  He REALLY loves this game to play it by himself!  Actually, he had a pretend opponent.....Bob!
 It started out being rainy and cold.  But after lunch the sun came out but it was still cool.  But I had promised the kids we would go feed the ducks, so I stopped the laundry and we took off to go to Thom A Lex Park while it was nice and sunny.  The kids were not happy with me when I made them where their hats.


 After feeding the ducks and Canada geese, they played in the playground area for about 1/2 hour.

 After we got home, I did some more laundry and started dinner.  The kids played on the computers some more.  Then Ryan and Hannah helped to set the table.  Ryan even wanted to help me put in and take out things from the oven!  He did a great job being very careful not to get burned.
 After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and worked in laundry while the kids played some more.  Here Ryan and Michael did some coloring.
 Hannah took her shower first and then sat in the bathroom messing on her iphone.
We all played another game of Life.  Michael won that one!  Ryan was very close!  Tim and I could not stay off of the Expense spots, so we were constantly paying out.....more than we took in!  At 7:30 we had some cookies and milk and then they began watching their movies before bed.

Tomorrow I will drive half way and meet Liz to drop the kids off!  It has been a good week!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Did Hannah forget her jacket here?

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a good time!! :)