Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 24, 2015

We Newk'd it Today! :D

Down another lb. this morning!  That makes 8.8 total!  Loosing always motivates me to go to the treadmill!  I got in my 3 miles, but it was a struggle today!  12 miles so far this week, which is twice what I did last week!  I may skip the treadmill tomorrow!  I have lots of food preparation for the weekend to get done before our guests arrive around 3:30.

Even though I had work to do, I still went thrifting with Tim today for a little while.  Then we went to Newk's Eatery for lunch.  We tried their cup of soup and half sandwich combo.  I got Tomato Basil with my regular Newk's Q sandwich.  Tim got a rice soup with a club sandwich. 

You can see the tumor under Tim's left eye.  It is almost twice the size it was before it went away with treatment #3.  He is getting more lumps and the ones he already has are growing rapidly!  I am praying the doctor gets him on a new, effective treatment SOON!!

Last week when we ate at Pizza Hut for lunch, the guy who waited on us asked me if I had given Tim his "shiner."  It aggravated me that he had the nerve to even ask such a question!  I said, No, he has cancer, hoping it would make him feel bad for being so inconsiderate!  He said, Oh!  Then he tried to redeem himself by saying, But you're gonna beat it, right?  Tim feels self conscious enough about it without someone pointing it out.  Today, one of the ladies we always talk to at Goodwill asked him about it, too!  Really, people?!  Come on!  Give a guy a little respect!  He would love for it to be hidden like the rest of the tumors.  Maybe I'm being to sensitive about it.  Am I being too sensitive about it?

Any way.....change the subject!  :D

After we ate lunch, we went back home and I made out my menu plan for the weekend and then went to Aldi and Walmart to buy the food.

So, my cleaning project for today was my bathroom.  After that I wiped down some of the walls and doorways of finger prints.

I worked til 3:30 when we left to drive up to Pilot Mountain, NC to try out a restaurant that some of our church members had tried when they went up there for a funeral.  The name of the place is "Soppers."  They are in an old hardware store.  There wasn't anyone else there eating the whole time we were there, but there were several carry out orders picked up.  The food was good and we brought home leftovers.

After we got home I went over to Lowes to buy some spring flowers to hang in baskets on the car port.  I also got a basket for my shepherds hook under the tree by the house.  Came back home and took everything to the basement to make the hanging baskets to be ready to hang outside tomorrow.  It is going to be so cool tonight that the weather gal suggested bringing in plants, so they are hanging in the basement for tonight and will be safe from the weather.

Tim helped me by filling the pots with potting mix and fixing broken "arms" on the baskets.

I have a total of 8 of these.  I bought French Marigolds (dwarf), the yellow ones, and the white and pink are Vinca.

This is Verbena that I got to hang on the shepherds hook.  I'm still hoping for hummingbirds to be attracted!

So, now I'll show you the piled up stuff that I have taken out of the other parts of the house during this cleaning spree.

Quilt rack, reading pillow, frames, shelves, decorations, pictures.  This mess is in the laundry room.

These were in the laundry room til I put the cubby holder in the laundry room.  And the top box is jewelry from the yard sale at Liz's last weekend.

This mess is my desk!  I have not sat at the desk much at all this week since I've been busy cleaning.
Well, I did tackle the desk after I finished the flowers in the basement.  I caught up the checkbook entries, put things back where they belonged and piled the books in a neater pile. 

Tomorrow, Tim will move his toiletries into my bathroom and I will clean his bathroom for our guests.  I will put on the 6-hour stew to cook.  I'll cook the sausage that will go into the breakfast casserole that I will finish making before I go to bed tomorrow.  I'll cook the sausage and ground turkey that will go into my chili for Sunday's church dinner.  Actually, I'll probably go ahead and fix the chili so I can just put it in a crockpot to keep warm on Sunday.  It's gonna be cool here this weekend, so I thought chili would be a welcome change.  And I'll probably go ahead and bake the cookies for the Sunday dinner, too.  I also have an apple pie to cook.

OK, I'm gonna finish up this post with one last, totally adorable picture................
Araya in her newest head adornment.  How precious!
It is hard to believe that she will be 6 months old on Monday the 27th!  They grow up way toooooooo fast!  :(

Nite!

No comments: