Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week in Review

Sunday, February 21st
Our photo of the day.  Taken in front of the church on the platform in front of the 10 Commandments.

Sunset behind the church.
Monday, February 22nd
Taken at Shallowford Baptist before the preacher's meeting.
Tuesday, February 23rd
Taken in my craft room.  That is an angel made out of a mop hanging between us.
Wednesday, February 24th
Another tag I made for my "Who I am in Christ" tag book.  Ephesians 2:10 says we are God's workmanship.  The Greek word for workmanship translates into the English word, poem.

When the storm blew through today, with lots of wind and heavy rain, I had to pull my craft storage containers down and soak up the water that was pouring in!

This is the other side of the wall where it was blowing in.  This is the entrance way in the back.

It was over as quickly as it started!


Our picture of the day.
Thursday, February 25th
Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
Cloudy and windy today

And very chilly

We took a new group of Goodwill stores today, south and west of us, Rowan County then west to Statesville.  We were out ALL day!

Sun is beginning to set

Love this!

My book finds today.  I think Tim got 4, too.

Dinner at Ruby Tuesday.  That pork chop was delicious!
Friday, February 26th

The other Christmas Cactus that is full of buds!

We went to the Nursing Home/Rehab facility today to visit with the husband of one of the ladies at church.  I thought these clouds looked like God had stretched out cotton balls across the sky!

Out in front of the rehab facility.
After we got home from the rehab facility and eating lunch at Speedy's BBQ in Lexington, I told Tim I was going to go down the street and check out the church-related thrift store.  He said, "If you are going to our other 2, also, I'll go with you."  Well, I wasn't, but we did!  :D  I am glad I did as I found more books and completed several of the sets I was collecting.

Our daily photo up in the living room where I read at night.
Saturday, February 27th
Look what I discovered blooming at the church today!

Our daily photo taken down in the man room.
And, there is a picture review of our week.  I've had one of those headaches all day today, so I'm off to bed early tonight!  Nite!

No comments: