Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 26, 2018

HUMMMMMMMMMER!

Today.
Headache.
Groceries.
Cloudy.
Bird watching.
Ilene's flowers.
Flowers on sale.
Puzzle.
BBN Radio.
Bedtime!
Well, the tree by the back door of the parsonage finally fell over, taking with it some of the living part.

Buttercups.  LOVE these happy, little yellow flowers!

Enjoying the weather in short sleeves!


It was pretty nice most of the day.  This afternoon got very cloudy, but the rain held off until almost dark.





Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird





We bought these 2 hanging planters half price.  The petunias are not in bad shape at all.

These needed pruning badly, but we figured since the plants are healthy that we could revive them for more blooming by getting rid of the old blooms.  We shall see!


YES!  A hummer!  I made the nectar earlier in the week by boiling 4:1 water and sugar, let it cool and then filled the feeder.

Another bird watcher!

The petunias are up closer to the house, near the deck steps.

LOTS of irises!

LOVE bluebirds!

Yellow irises getting ready to burst into color!

Do you see the bee in the azaleas?
Thank You, LORD, for your blessings on us throughout the day!

No comments: