Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring Green

I love the colors of spring!  Especially green!  Green means there is new life!  New life "spring"ing from that which was dead through the winter months.  It is like the new life that springs forth from someone who has been saved.  Old things begin immediately to fall away and the new things begin to sprout and come to life.  Things the new Christian perhaps thought they would NEVER allow themselves to take part of.....church attendance, tithing, praying, reading the Bible, telling others about their decision to follow Christ, hanging and loving to be around Christians.

There's also the flip side of the coin....the dead things that are left behind. like taking the Lord's name in vain, lying, stealing, prideful behavior, mocking Christians.....the list could go on and on.  2 Corinthians  5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen!  It has to, otherwise something is wrong.

Speaking of having something wrong in your Christian life.....we all grow lax, cold, indifferent in our walk with Christ.  From time to time, we need a good dose of revival to bring us back into a right relationship with our Savior.  We are having revival beginning Thursday of this week.  If you live in the area, we would love to have you attend as many of the services as you can.  David Parks will be preaching each night and on Sunday.



Here's some pictures I took after getting home today.
Finally!  Capris and flip flops!  At least for today!

A fat bumble bee

The yellow forsythia turning green


And the spring's greening of the grass means adding the cutting of it back in the chore rotation.

It had really gotten thick with the rains (and snow!)

Bird pictures
Male house finch feeding.

He looks nice and plump

I thought this was a female house finch, but then I noticed the yellow above his eyes.  It is a white-throated Sparrow

I moved the feeder from the right side of the picture in the edge of the thicket to the yard box, hoping the squirrels will not be able to climb the skinny shepherd's hook!

Mr. and Mrs. House finch

Peek a boo!

Chickadee

Bluebird.  Beautiful!
That's it for me today!

No comments: