Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 20, 2018

The Circle of Life

We live, we die.  Someone we love very much, who has lived for a long time, dies.  Someone we have been waiting for for a very long time, and we love very much already, is finally here!  Ilene's family has experienced death and life this week.

Two days ago, Ilene's son-in-law's father passed away.  Today, new life was brought forth from the loins of this same man, a great grandson.  Given his great grandfather's name.  So beautiful!

We went to COSTCO today to get some food to take to the family for the funeral.  Afterwards we went to Olive Garden for a late lunch.  We only ate half at the time, but we enjoyed the other half later this evening for our supper.

Chicken Giardino

Stuffed noodles chicken alfredo

While eating our lunch, we decided to take the 45 minute trip to Elkin to see the new addition to the family.
Ilene and her brand new great grandson, Roman.

Roman, born today a little after 11 a.m.  What a beautiful baby boy!

".....the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."  Job 1:21



No comments: