Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, June 8, 2018

Jesus Is The Cornerstone

I went to the parsonage today to do some work.  I mainly worked on getting things out of the basement.  Lots of plastic totes to pack things in to store in the shed I have ordered.  I also found some items to take to Goodwill and to Elisabeth for the yard sale she is having tomorrow and Saturday.

During my work, I was deep in random thoughts about my life with Tim when I was suddenly brought to remember how my life was and still is being ordered by the LORD.  Psalm 37:23 reads, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."  He is the cornerstone that my life is built on.  I'm not building it, He is!  I have to tell you, that is comforting!  That is very useful information when I go through a season of missing Tim and feeling very lonely.  It gives me peace to know that He is in charge and taking care of the details of my life!

Cleaning out a couple of nasty totes.  One had a dead bird in it!  Gross!

This is what brought my thoughts captive towards the LORD while washing the totes.


I love how the LORD uses things in our everyday lives to bring us into focus on Him.  I used to sing this song as a special in our church in Buffalo, WV.  I don't sing specials by myself any longer because my voice seems to keep getting lower as I grow older!  Sometimes I can put the men to shame, LOL!

Jesus Is The Cornerstone


Jesus is the cornerstone
Came for sinners to atone
Though rejected by His own
He became the cornerstone
Jesus is the cornerstone

When I am by sin oppressed
In the stone I am at rest
When the seeds of truth are sown
He remains the cornerstone
Jesus is the cornerstone

Rock of Ages, cleft for me
Let me hide myself in Thee
Rock of Ages so secure
For all time it shall endure
'Til His children reach their home
He remains the cornerstone

'Til the breaking of the dawn
'Til all footsteps cease to roam
Ever let this truth be known
Jesus is the cornerstone
Jesus is the cornerstone


Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

1 Peter 2:4-8 ¶ To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Jesus wants to be the Cornerstone of your life, too!

I started getting overheated standing in the sun to clean the totes.  I had wanted to take some things to Elisabeth for the yard sale, but I told her I wasn't coming.  I left the parsonage with the intention of getting something to drink and heading home.  But, the sweet tea from Mikey D's perked me up, so I went back to the parsonage after I dropped some things off at Goodwill.  I worked in the house some more, gathered up more stuff to take to Elisabeth's and sent her another text to let her know I WAS coming!
The dead bird.

I took it to the back of the church property and threw it in the woods.

Loaded down!

Enjoying Liz's new swing on their new and improved deck.

"Little Bit" as Ilene calls Abby.
And, the day ended with a nice, hot shower and a movie. I got lots done!  It was a good day!  Thank You, LORD!

No comments: