Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Petula Clark

Petula Clark
My Love, 1966


Something happened to my heart the day that I met you
Something that I never felt before
You are always on my mind, no matter what I do
And every day it seems I want you more

CHORUS
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
And there is nothing in this world
That can ever change my love

Once I thought that love was meant for anyone else but me
Once I thought you'd never come my way
Now it only goes to show how wrong we all can be
For now I have to tell you everyday

CHORUS


I heard this song for the first time today in MANY years!  I always liked this song when I began listening to the radio as a young teen back in the late 60's.  But love was only a dream to me at the time.  At least, the kind of love this song is referring to anyway.  But as I looked at the words to this song today, I could make somewhat of a comparison to God's Love for me.  Here's what I mean.

Something DID happen to my heart the day I met the LORD!  He quickened me!  He made my spirit to become alive!  Ezekiel 36:26  says, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."  It was definitely something that I had NEVER felt before!  It changed my way of thinking!  Slowly, but surely, through the years, the LORD is on my mind, no matter what I do.  And the more time I spend thinking about Him, the more I want Him!  Psalm 42:1 says, "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."  Only God, the Savior of my soul, can quench the thirsting of my soul!

God's love is warm.  It is soft (easy).  Matthew 11:30 says, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  God's love is deep.  Micah 7:18, 19 says, "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.  19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."  His love is wider than the sky!  Psalm 103:12 says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." His love is brighter than the brightest star.  And NOTHING could ever change His love for me!  John 10:28, 29 says, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

Thank You, LORD, for Your great salvation!  Thank You for choosing me as one of Your children!


PICTURES

Monday, June 4, 2018
Visitors
Liz and the kids came up and we did some thrifting and ate lunch at Steak and Shake.

Trying their hand at walking on stilts!

Abby has lots of loose teeth in her mouth!

We took a walk  on Ilene's and the neighbor's wooded property.


The pheasant was back this morning, along with a NC towahee bird.

Even had a red-bellied woodpecker visit the bird feeder!



Ruby throated hummingbird

Wasp busy at work

A bunny in the yard

Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Enjoying the beautiful weather in the late afternoon, except for.......

.....except for the lousy mospuitoes!

The citronella candles did nothing for the mosquitoes.

The towahee was back for more.

beautiful cardinal!

Lilly in the brush at the edge of the yard.

A rose in front of the house.

Anyone know what this pretty little flower is called?  It is in a hanging pot and is rather small.

Hoping to capture some birds enjoying this bird bath soon

Black birds after the yard has been mowed.

Female bluebird

Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Cloud pictures I took with my phone when I was out getting some groceries today.




It was a beautiful day today.  Hot in the sun but nice when cloudy!

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Ilene and I will be cleaning house in preparation for our company coming this weekend.  Tim's mom and sister will be with us Friday through Sunday!  We are really looking forward to their visit!

Until next time!

No comments: