Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Precious Memories

I couldn't go back to sleep after Mark left for work this morning,  so I got up and went to the parsonage to pack up some more stuff.  I'm happy to say I'm almost done.  Mark will need to help me with the rest and take the truck.

I worked for 3 1/2 hours and quit to meet Ilene for lunch at Cagney's.  After lunch,  I went home,  unloaded and headed back to the parsonage for another load.   A little over an hour later I was heading home before I got caught in the rain.  The sky was getting ready to burst asunder!  I didn't make it home before it began to rain.  Fortunately, I am able to back the car underneath the car port attached to the house.  That helped with the unloading job!

Ominous-looking cloud cover as I left the church.


Once again, my dining room is overflowing with boxes to go through,  some of them chock full of memorabilia.  Precious memories, how they linger.  How they ever flood my soul......at least I can have the memories now without a deluge of tears.....most of the time!

The stuff in the floor and on the table in the dining room.....

The stuff in the living room on
the coffee table and in the floor
by my chair.

Today was BOGO entree at Ruby Tuesday.  When Mark got home from work at 3:35 we left so we could beat the dinner crowd.  We ate the salad bar as one of our veggies with the Hickory Bourbon Pork Chops (adding $1.99 to the cost of the meal).  I ate salad and brought home the pork chop and baked sweet potato.  Mark ate salad and some of his pork chop and mashed potatoes and brought the rest home.  Now we have supper ready for tomorrow!  Well, Mark will probably eat the rest of his tonight after church, if not before!

We are planning a few bike trips for the not-too-distant future.  One to Virginia, one to Ohio and we haven't decided on the one for our one-year anniversary, which is July 26th.  Hard to believe it has been almost a year already.  But sometimes, since we have known each other so long, it seems much longer.  Not sure why that is!

Time to get ready for church soon!  Have a blessed day!

No comments: