Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 17, 2019

The Run-Around

Its been more than 2 weeks since I posted last, so this will be a catch-up post!  I won't give exact details, because I don't remember them, LOL!  But, I'll try, so here goes!

The week of June 2nd went by pretty quickly as I got ready for my trip to Georgia with Ilene to visit her cousin and husband, Rowena and Dave Iverson.  Such a wonderful, godly couple!  I got everything ready and sitting by the door on Thursday evening, June 6th, except the last minute toiletries, etc. that I needed Friday morning.  I was scheduled to pick Ilene up at 8:00 a.m.  But, I left early enough to have her loaded and ready to leave by 7:50.  We arrived at the Iverson's at 3 p.m.

Our weekend with them was full.  Charlotte, Rowena's sister, took us to dinner Friday.  Then we went back to Rowena and Dave's to play cards.  The 4 ladies played while Dave studied the lesson for Sunday school.  Saturday, we 4 ladies went thrifting.  It was pretty rainy.  We went to several places before heading back to the house for food and more cards.  Sunday was church and then met Charlotte for Chinese before going back to the house.  Dave played cards with us throughout the afternoon and again after evening church services.

Monday morning, June 10th, was supposed to be when we headed home, but since it rained so much on Saturday during our thrifting and Dave didn't go, we decided to do some thrifting with the Iversons.  We ate a late lunch and then decided we would wait and leave first thing on Tuesday morning.  We played more cards Monday evening.  Tuesday morning we were out of the house by 7:30 a.m.  We arrived at Ilene's at 2:30.

I spent the rest of the week being messed up on what day it was.  Saturday, June 15th, we attended a birthday party of Mark's next to last granddaughter, Nellie.  She was named after her grandma, Lanelle, Mark's late wife.

Today, Mark grilled port chops and we had macaroni and cheese and a salad for lunch and his daughter, Jenifer joined us.  After church tonight, we packed a couple of pork chop sandwiches and headed to Pilot Mountain.  Unfortunately, it was about time for the park to close when we got there, so I took a few pictures and we headed back home where we ate.

Pictures:
A bunny in the back yard on 6/3/19

Heading to Georgia with my bestie on Friday, June 7th.

Supper provided by Charlotte Friday evening.

Dave and Ilene fixed breakfast on Saturday morning.

Dave fixed breakfast Sunday morning.

Ilene, me and Rowena at church.

One of the children from the group is missing from this
picture.  Siblings.....4 boys, 2 girls.  Three of the boys are triplets!

Playing "A Different Kind Of Rummy" Sunday afternoon.



Strange cloud formation that had the rainbow in them
on June 11th.

Taking pictures while riding the bike after I got home on Tuesday,
June 11th.


Unusual cloud formations

Taken Thursday, June 13th, at Salem Park in
Winston.  We took a bike ride and a picnic
supper there.  This heron was hanging out.
Sorry about the picture being sideways!


A turtle checking things out.









Saturday, June 15th, we went to Finch Park for Nellie's birthday party.

I think Nellie ate as much peanut butter as she put on her pine cone!

Nellie's mom, Amber, and Amber's twin brother, Michael.  
Mark's step-children, Lanelle's kids.

Michael and his two children, Dakota and Bella Rose.



On our way to Pilot Mountain after church tonight.

Made it just in time to capture the sunset.  Beautiful!

Sunset to the West and the Full Moon to the East.




Headed home with Pilot Mountain in the rear view mirror.

Praying each and everyone of you have a wonderful week!




2 comments:

Kathy G said...

And she was also busy writing Foreword for my book! Multi-talented lady! Thank you again so much!

Vicky said...

You are so welcome, Kathy!