Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Graduation Day

Can it be possible?  Just a little over 18 years ago, this young man entered our lives.  And today he graduated from High School!  I told his momma I was too young to be a grandma when she told me she was pregnant with Michael.  Eighteen years later, I'm too young for him to be so old!  How did we get here so quickly?  ;)






The Week Passed Quickly!

Sunday evening after services Kim treated us to supper at Three Amigos in Wallburg.  There were a couple of photo bombers in the first picture.....waving from their booth in the corner.


On Monday I took Kim thrift shopping because she was looking for solid colored tops for her multi-colored skirts.


On Tuesday I had an appointment to get my oil changed.  We were going to go to more thrifts, but we ended up spending the afternoon binge-watching, "When Calls the Heart" series.


On Wednesday I discovered that the squirrels had ruined my bird feeder!  GRRR!!!

A selfie before heading into the church for services.

On Thursday we did some more binge-watching of 'When Calls the Heart."

After Mark got off work, we headed to Ruby Tuesday for the BOGO deal!




Thursday evening we played Sequence on the deck.  This one was a CAT'S game.  The object of the game is to get 5 in a row of your color.  We did well blocking one another this game!


On Friday Ilene and Mark met us at Mamma Mia in Wallburg for lunch.  Mark left to go back to work before I thought to get a picture.  Kim left for her trip back to FL around 3:15.  She arrived home at 1:19 a.m.  We had a good time visiting but the time really flew by!

Saturday I worked on some projects in the shed.  

I tried to find out something about this vase but couldn't find anything.  The markings are "GERMAN 1387."

Mark took a break from working outside and we went to Subway to get lunch and took it to Thom-A-Lex park.  We rode the bike.


















After we got back from the park, Mark worked outside some more while I did some more painting in the shed.  I'll be putting some more layers on this vase.


This is turned the wrong way, but I did an art journal page today using the prompt, "it is good."  Then I saw this bird stencil and knew exactly what I would do.  So, tomorrow I will glue the passage from Genesis 1:20-23 from day 5 of creation.


Another full week!  Praying you and yours has a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow!

1 comment:

kathy rn said...

Hey Vicky, Any progress on the Foreword yet? I would like to have it back by June 15th if possible, or the week after. Trying to find a printer by the end of June! Thanks!😉