Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 22, 2010

EHD Update

Good morning!
Do I have good news and blessings from the LORD!
As you know, I have been corresponding with Verbatim, the maker of my EHD, for the last couple of days. They have had me try things (which I had already tried on my own) to no avail. HOWEVER, yesterday's suggestion WORKED!!! Tim and I didn't hold much hope that it would, so I didn't try it yesterday. Their suggestion was to start the computer with the EHD plugged in and powered on already. I tried it first on my desktop PC, which is about 5 years old and running XP. Didn't work. Didn't get past the blue boot screen. I may not have given it enough time, but, anyway, I moved on to try it with my laptop, which is only 2 years old, maybe, and running Vista. It took FOREVER for it to load, but it worked!!! YEAH, I'm dancin' a happy dance! (Just a figure of speech, you understand! This body doesn't have enough soul to dance, lol!) Anyway, I am, as we speak, working feverishly to copy the files that I want (pictures first!) to DVDs!

Thanks to those of you who made this a matter of prayer! God was good to bless me with good results, in spite of myself!

So, girls, until further notice, you may put the CDs of pictures I made for you back in a SAFE place! :)

And, Michael, just wanted to say THANKS again for your sweet offer to pay for the professionals to retrieve the files and/or my sending the EHD to you to work with! I love and appreciate you more than you will ever know in this life! :)

Love you all!

5 comments:

jessicaday said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Elisabeth said...

so in other words, what they were going to charge you $700 to do, you were able to do by yourself at home?! Yay!!

Karen said...

Hooray! That is great news!

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm so happy for you! We've been talking about this & figured it must be akin to doing something on the computer when a power outage occurs. So glad the company knew what to do & that you never gave up!

Anonymous said...

OH I'm SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that! I was so upset for you!!! Yaaaayyyyy!!!!