Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sad News

Because of my own carelessness and not thinking before I acted, I have lost 7 years of pictures, layouts, kits......everything.....because my 1TB EHD crashed!

I was getting ready to move files from my laptop (that I had worked on while we traveled last week) onto the EHD and without thinking I pulled the USB cord out of the PC to plug it into the laptop, without turning the EHD off first! I plugged it into the laptop where I promptly got a message that the EHD was malfunctioning! You know that sick feeling that comes over you when you have just realized that something TERRIBLE has happened?! Well, that is the feeling I got! It was like a slap in the face and all of a sudden I realized what I had done that the owner's manual SPECIFICALLY tells you NOT to do! UGHH!!!

We took the EHD to a computer store today and was promptly informed they were not capable of retrieving the files and if we took it to a professional store who was equipped to do it, be prepared to pay about $700! YIKES!! I am totally sick and disgusted with myself!

SIGH!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Ugh. I feel sick for you. I'm so sorry you lost all that information!

Elisabeth said...

awwww, mom! I'm so sorry for you!

jessicaday said...

I will ask Michael if there's anything he can do. Maybe he can do what the $700 people can. I still have hope!

Vicky said...

Thanks, sweet ladies! My dear son has offered to pay for the professionals, but I don't know if I can let him do that or not! I need to do some praying! Pray with me!

Karen said...

So sorry you're facing this! Prayers and good thoughts for you that maybe it isn't all lost forever...

Anonymous said...

OH NOOOO!!!! I think I would cry for hours!!!! Oh gosh I hope you can get it all back.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Vicky,

I'm so sorry! I will certainly pray with you about this situation and how to proceed. I truly do hope your pictures can be recovered.