Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What I've been up to.....

I know some of you are wondering what I've been up to lately, besides designing digital scrapbooking kits! So, here is a little run down and a few pictures!

I guess I'll begin with today and work backwards as far as my memory will let me, lol!
Today, I have been working on re-potting some of the indoor plants I got last week. The bigger ones in the back 2 pots are from a planter from a funeral a couple months or so ago that Tim had stuck in the dish the prayer plant is in with the prayer plant! So you can tell that there was more plant than there was dish, lol! The plant that is now with the prayer plant is one Tim traded me for a similar plant with smaller leaves. The other 3 pots/dishes along the front of the table are the plants I bought last week. The one on the left in the striped dish is a pothos, I believe. I think I remember that it has been called Devil's ivy. Why, I don't know! The 4 plants in the pretty white dish with the tulips painted on it may have to be divided at some point. I just don't know how much the plants will grow or what size they will get. There is a pothos in this dish, too. Plus a couple of plants with variegated leaves. I'll have to take some close up pictures so you can see how pretty they are. The plant in the pot furthest to the right is one that I have no clue what it is.



Yesterday, the electricity was off for about 5 hours. I had just sat down in the laundry/sewing room to hem a pair of pants to a suit Tim got at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago when everything went black! Not really black as it was around noon, lol! But I think you know what I mean. So, I took my sewing to another part of the house that was on the sunny side. In the mean time, Tim checked the wiring and there was no electricity coming into the house, so he called the power company. It was a couple of hours before they came to check out the problem. They were going to have to replace the transformer on the pole. So they left and the next crew arrived about an hour later. An hour and a half later we had electricity again! While all of this was going on, and after I finished hemming Tim's pants, I worked on Sawyer's crib blanket. Here is the only picture I will show of the blanket, so as not to give away too much of it! It IS supposed to be a surprise! :)


Well, my memory is starting to fail me! I cannot remember exactly when I planted the other flowers I bought a couple weeks ago, but I took these pictures on Monday. They are looking very nice! This is not all I planted, but will give you a good idea. I also planted a couple of daffodils, and a couple of tulips and some dahlias and some hyacinth. The hyacinth smell WONDERFUL!!

Marigold
not sure, but I love the purple centers!
Pinks
Phlox
not sure but I love the flowers!
Well, there's a bit of bringing-you-up-to-date! Tomorrow, Tim wants to go to the North Carolina Botanical Garden which is somewhere between Greensboro and Raleigh. I'm sure I'll have pictures! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics of the flowers! I'm itching to buy and plant some, but still too early here. It's been so warm and tonight??? Expecting frost! Love the blanket too. It's going to be great! I absolutely love and cherish all the homemade afghans and quilts my babies got.