Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Celebration @ 55

Yep! Two nickels! That's about what I feel I'm worth sometimes! But, I guess some people think differently! All of my wonderful family and friends who lavished me with cards, gifts and birthday wishes in some electronic way. Here are some of the wishes and gifts I received in the order received:


1. From DH - Michael W. Smith's new CD, "Wonder" and a funny card:



...rest of the card reads...

For example, when I burp, that means you're one great cook! And when I make a vulgar sound, I love the way you look.

When I (rarely) pass some gas it means that I'm content. And when I answer with a grunt, you've got my full consent...

When I snore in bed at night, it's you I'm dreaming of. And when I don't say anything...I'm overcome with LOVE!


2. From Kara, Michael and Jessica - money for buying some church clothes and a card made by Kara (Kara always makes me a card and then mommy makes notes on the card to help explain it):

My arrow is pointing to Kara's "I heart you"


Hmmmm.........I am thinking Kara knows me pretty well........I'm becoming VERY round AND I'm a nut! :) LOVE IT!

3. From Liz and the kids always decorate a card with drawing/stickers:

Bath & Body Works hand soap in "Pumpkin" and "Caramel Apple" flavors.....YUM!

The decorated card from the kids.....the front reads....."Happy Birthday, Grandma! Now open this card slowly and carefully....
inside reads..... we wouldn't want all the hugs and kisses I put inside to get away! Have a Terrific Day I Love You!


Liz's card (with insert showing what is inside)


And, Liz, I have to say that I did have an outstanding birthday! But, NO birthday could ever match the outstanding occasions of giving birth to my babies!!!!!

4. From Tim's mom - money and this beautiful card.

inside reads.......And so this brings a birthday prayer For blessings from above And all the joy and happiness You're so deserving of.


5. AND, much to my surprise, at the church dinner on Saturday night before revival, I was presented with this beautiful birthday cake (pudding in the middle) and sung to. Also, a few people gave me gifts.....totally unexpected......all of it!



Bro. Jones gave me this beautiful card with the gift certificate (I wondered why it took him so long at Walmart that day! :)
inside the card reads.....A special birthday prayer that God will fill all your days with love, blessings, and the happiness you so deeply deserve. Have a Wonderful Birthday - Bob & Sue Jones. I gave him a hug to pass on to his wife!


A dear, sweet saint in her 80's, gave me this card with money. I told her it was a beautiful card and that I love butterflies.....

inside reads.....May today and every day be filled with wishes come true. Love, Vera Cole


Ed and Virginia Matthews gave me this wonderful journal and some wash cloths and a beautiful card.

The card reads: On your Birthday ..... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Gen. 1:31) Then God created a special person with a warm and loving heart and a kind and generous spirit...And God saw that the person was good. And there was evening, and there was morning, a beautiful day. Your birthday. Many Blessings to You. We love you.

What a sweet card!

Last, but not least.....the former pastor's daughters had this beautiful planter delivered to the house on Friday.

And this card from the Parkses (former pastor and wife)....the inside reads.....God bless you on your birthday, God keep you all year through, And always, may His tender love bring happiness to you.

So, not to forget to mention all the wonderful comments to my facebook wall from my family and friends, that is a run down of everything received to date! I'm in the process of spending the money I received at the thrift stores we frequent. I'm in need of some new church clothes. Today, since it is Columbus Day, one of the thrifts was having a 50% off on ALL clothing! I got several things there and also found a few nice things at Goodwill. I'm washing everything up now. I'll post pictures of my new goodies later on!

Thanks to everyone for your words of love and kindness and the gifts! How blessed I am!

3 comments:

jessicaday said...

Wow, you hit the jackpot! Financially speaking and friends/family speaking too. You are definitely loved and I'm so glad we had the occasion of your birthday to show you!! Just wait until Christmas......you'll have to open a new bank account. Lol! :-) xoxo.

Anonymous said...

You DID hit the jackpot! Glad you had a great day!!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Happy belated birthday! I just had one this past weekend, too, and made out like a bandit! I got some gift cards for some of my favorite stores. Wish you lived closer to help me spend them and so we could celebrate our birthdays together.

P.S. Glad the revival was such a blessing. I'm sorry to hear that Mrs. J. couldn't make it. She's such a sweetie.