Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, October 4, 2010

Sweater Weather

I'm LOVIN' the cooler days! The thermostat has been on 69 all day and it has felt great! Probably because I have been busy getting ready for the Joneses. I did my grocery shopping, worked on the bulletin board decorations, finished loading the dish washer and ran the load, did some dusting and moved some pictures from the dining room to the TV room and put them in the entertainment center since Tim got rid of all of his harmonicas. I fried pork chops and fixed mashed potatoes and green beans for supper and fixed a pumpkin pie.

Tomorrow will be the REALLY busy day of sweeping, dusting and mopping. Then on Wednesday I'll be cooking all day!

On the creative side, I have worked up a couple of pages with my newest kit, Sweater Weather. My favorite of the 2 is the first one, hands down! I love doing the double layers of picture, blending the back one into the background and cropping the top one, adding a shadow to it and then adding a few elements, tweaking the back picture just a bit more and you are done! Not only did I erase the definite picture edge at the top, but I made the border along the bottom of the picture to end with the ribbon!

The second layout is a picture of something else I did today.....I knitted this scarf in about 1 1/2 hours. I got these HUGE knitting needles with this bulky yarn at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. I was straightening up in my computer room a bit when I ran across the bag with the yarn and needles in it. So, I decided to work up the yarn into a scarf. It is really too short, however, so I think I will rip it all out and make it more narrow! Next time you see it, I will be wearing it! :)


4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I finally convinced Brad to turn the heat up to 71 over the weekend! =)

jessicaday said...

71? You guys are crazy. 68 is the max around here, but I'd prefer 67 - just because heat is crazy expensive, and I'm trying to be good to the environment.
By the way, I love the scarf colors - that's going to be so pretty!

Lisa said...

We are finally getting some cooler weather here (at least cooler for us). Nice pages

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf colors too!