Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today was a productive day. It started at 6:30, which was early for me! But, I did go to bed earlier than usual, too! So, I still got 6 hours of sleep, which is about my limit! First, I set the breakfast casserole out of the fridge for about 1/2 hour before popping it into the oven. We sat down to eat at 8:00. The casserole was (always is) a big hit! I forgot to take a picture to "send a piece" to my digi/designing friend, Kim. But, no problem there! The left overs are just as good as the first time around, so I'll try to remember to send her a piece tomorrow and also post it here for you all to have a piece! :) I don't know if I have posted the recipe before, but I will do that, too. I got it from a pastor's wife in Florida. Thanks, Ramona!

After breakfast, I cleaned up the kitchen and then got dressed. I planned to start working on those commitments from last night's revival service. So I read my Bible and prayed and began thinking about who I could invite to revival and what I would do to be able to leave a gospel tract somewhere. I decided that I would invite the older lady next door, even though she goes to the big Moravian church behind us. Still wasn't sure where I was going to go to leave the tract.

Since it was still pretty early, I decided to work on my Christmas project I had started last night. Through the day, as I worked on it off and on, I got quite a bit done. This is going to be a sweater for Hannah. The back is done and the right front lacks about 2 1/2 rows being complete, but I ran out of yarn from the first skein. So I decided it was a good time to stop for the day. So, I still have to do the left front, sleeves and the hood, stitch it together and add buttons and what ever other paraphernalia might look cute on them. The color is called "Plum Pudding" but, if you ask me, because of the pink being so bold, that is what I see first! I have a "Pink Camo" version of the yarn to do Kara's sweater in, so we will see how that turns out! I may have to switch sweaters with the girls!

Tim and Bro. Jones left the house at 10:30 to do some visiting. I left at 11:00. My first stop was the neighbor's. She was home and accepted the flyer for the revival services and I was hoping she might invite me in, but she didn't. So, I left as I had some things to pick up at Walmart. I still hadn't decided what I was going to do with the tract. Since Tim and Bro. Jones were going to eat lunch out, I decided to grab a hamburger while I was at Walmart. While sitting at the table in McDonalds, I read the gospel tract. I decided that I would just leave it on the table. I prayed that someone who came to eat and sat at the table would find it, read it and be helped by it! His Word will not return void!

After I got back home, I did some more crocheting and baked a pumpkin pie. We were to eat at someone's home tonight, so I didn't have to worry about fixing supper! We were back home by about 6:30 and so I got dressed for church and then did some more crocheting.

Tonight's message was entitled, "Prepare to Meet Thy God" taken from Amos 4:12. Bro. Jones expounded on five groups that needed to be prepared to meet God:
1. America
2. Bible, Prayer, God Haters
3. Christ-rejecters
4. Professing Christians
5. Our Churches

We had lost people in the services. One in particular was squirming. I pray that person does not rest til they have accepted Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior! Good attendance again tonight! Pray for our revival services. Pray that the LORD used Bro. Jones in a mighty way!

OK, so do you agree with me that this yarn should be called "PINK Pudding" vs the actual name of "PLUM Pudding?" Either way, it's pretty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! SO pretty! And I do agree, pink is what I see first too.