Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sausage Recipe and a Blog Train!

I wanted to post pictures of the beautiful full moon that is happening tonight! But, the trees around the house are in the way of it's view! I'm hoping that later on tonight it will be higher in the sky....or at least above the trees so I can get a picture of it!

For those of you who know that sausage does not agree with me (probably the grease in it), I found a recipe that does! And, it is very good! So I wanted to share it with you. I got this recipe from the 6 Weeks Makeover plan that I purchased back in 2005, but, alas, 5 years later and still no Makeover! Of course, not taking it out of the box may have something to do with it......I'm just saying!

But, I do like the recipes that I have tried and this sausage recipe happens to be one of them! It is a no-salt version, so you may want to add salt, but it is really good without the salt!

The picture below the recipe is the picture I took of it after I fried it.

Turkey Sausage Patties (obviously, I'm not using it as patties - Tim likes to mix it in omlets)
1 lb. lean ground turkey breast (I just use the frozen chubs of ground turkey)
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 c. chicken broth (sodium free)
Combine turkey and dry spices in large bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
Add chicken broth, mixing well. Let stand 15-20 minutes.
Form turkey into 8 patties, approx. 3/4 inch thick.
Cook patties in non-stick skillet over medium heat, 7-8 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.

Here's an option for those who like it hot:
Add 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper and 3 TBSP. tomato paste (sodium free).

And, here's an Italian option (would probably work well on pizza):
Add 1/2 tsp. marjoram, 1/2 tsp coriander and 1/2 tsp. rosemary.



OK, the other thing I wanted to share with you is a blog train that the designers at Faith Sisters (which I am a part of) are having a blog train beginning tomorrow and going through the 31st. So, be sure and check in at my designer blog tomorrow (click on the preview of my portion shown here to go to the blog). There are about 20 parts that will be available, I believe! And, one of the designers chose two of the papers in my portion to make coordinating alpha's with. And, they are really cute!

OK, that's it for me! Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

jessicaday said...

Poor Michael is the same way with sausage - I guess he got it from you.