Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, November 26, 2010

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program.......

Yep, I'm sure you can guess that Liz and family have just departed. Ryan is a great grandma hugger! :D But, then, he IS still pretty young! I suspect that will change in a couple of years! The girls are always good huggers, but the boys think it is not so cool later on! That changes again once they hit puberty! Except, it isn't mom or grandma they want to hug! :D

Anyway, we had a great visit, even though it was a short one. In 2 weeks we will see them again. Tim will be preaching at BBC on Dec. 12th, so we will spend Saturday night and Sunday night with Liz. On Monday, we will travel to KY to see Tim's parents and take their Christmas to them.

For now, however, the toys are back in place, the pillows are back on the couch, the videos are put away, and the blankets are folded and tucked away and there is a familiar quiet in the house. A somewhat sad quiet.....but a happy one, too! Time to get back to our regular pastoral routine!

God has blessed us in so many ways, it is hard to even enumerate them without missing some of them! One thing I am so thankful for this year is the gift of family! AMEN!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Love you guys!! We didn't get home until 11. The kids slept the last two hours of the trip, came in the house and went right to bed and they are still sleeping and it's 8:30!! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

Vicky said...

That's about what I guestimated you would get home. Can't wait to see you again, too!

Lisa said...

I'm glad you guys had a great visit! Family time is the best