Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Short and Sweet

1. I'm so glad everyone in the Michael Day household is feeling better!
2. I LOVE the name Abigail for our 6th grandchild! Yes, we found out we are having another girl! That will make 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters!
3. My cold is better, but not gone. I still wake up with a headache from the stuffiness and cough and gag quite often through the day..........but, we're getting there! :D
4. Time for a piece of the "best pumpkin pie Brad and Liz ever ate!" :P And, yes, we like a little pie with our whipped cream! :D
5. Say good night!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks yummy!

p.s The Coxes all said hello

Kimberly Pitman said...

I just finished the last piece of delicious pumpkin pie tonight. It was the least I could do. There was no whipped cream, though, because SOMEBODY had eaten it all (not I). :)

I hope your cold gets better soon!

jessicaday said...

I'm glad you're starting to see the light at the end of your cold tunnel. And I love your love of desserts. We are definitely kindred spirits!
(I love the name Abigail too!!!)

Elisabeth said...

Since you mentioned the amount of whip cream on the pie....Brad said, "your dad must like a lot of whip cream. You should have seen how much he put on that piece of pie that he gave me!" =)

I'm glad everyone likes the name Abigail. Brad picked it out. It's funny that he has named our girls and I named the boy.