Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's been a long time..........

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted anything! How the time flies when you are having fun! However, I wish I could honestly say that I've had nothing but fun since my last post! Oh, cont rare!! For the most part, yes, life is fun, or at least interesting! But, this week, not so much!

Last Wednesday, November 17, I traveled to WV to spend the night with Liz and the next day head further north to Jessica's to be at her services as chief babysitter for Sawyer while she and Terry made the big move into their new home.

On Friday, Jessica and Terry went to work, and I kept Sawyer. Jessica left her phone for my use. A text message came to Jessica's phone from Liz wanting to know if Jessica and Terry needed Brad's help moving. So I called Liz and told her I felt like they could use the help! Otherwise, Jessica was going to be the one to man-handle all the furniture with Terry........not a good idea in my humble opinion! So, Brad and Liz left Hannah and Ryan at his mom's house and they headed to Lancaster to help.

It was a good decision. Since Liz is pregnant, we did not want her lifting much, so she kept an eye on Sawyer while I helped with some of the moving and cleaning.

The heavy stuff was loaded into the truck on Saturday. It was very cold that day.....approx. 44 degrees with a wind. Terry and Brad were in and out of the cold all day long, sweating and sleeves rolled up. I was in and out some, too, but I had a jacket on. Mostly, I was in the house working. Almost everything was moved by late afternoon. Clothes and odds and ends was all that remained at the old house. Jessica and I started unloading boxes. Terry started putting beds, etc together. It was a late night.

Sunday........Terry is really sick! Fever, headache, sore throat, stuffy. He stayed home from church. By the afternoon, I began to feel the same symptoms. Jessica and I kept working. She had been doing laundry the whole time we were in the new house, along with unloading boxes. We were making great progress in the living/dining/kitchen area of the house..........the part you see when you walk into the front door. By Sunday evening, I am feeling pretty rough! I was running a fever by the time I went to bed. I woke up sometime Sunday evening pretty sweaty. I guess the fever broke. I did not sleep well at all.

The plan was to get up with Jessica and Terry and Michael as they got ready for school and work. Sawyer was singing and talking and such a happy baby! I was still feeling pretty lousy. Jessica said their bed was wet with sweat as Terry's fever had broken during the night. He was feeling 60% better, he said. I ended up taking some more headache medicine and laying back down for awhile. I could not go to sleep, but my headache eased and I got ready to leave. By 11 I was headed towards WV. The original plan was to pick up the kids on the way back home to NC. But I wasn't sure with getting sick that Liz would want the kids to come with me. Hannah already had a cold and cough and Ryan will more than likely come down with it, too. So, they still came home with me.

I feel pretty well during the day, as long as I keep excedrine migraine in me. Night time is the worst because I have a hard time breathing in bed. I am up several times through the night blowing my nose and/or taking more medicine for the headache. I hate it when you have to sleep on a towel because your nose drains as you sleep. I know, pretty gross! So, why does my head feel so clogged up? Anyway...............

I took Hannah and Ryan to the Bolton Park yesterday, which is the park by the pool I take them to during their summer visit. It is not nearly as nice a play area as the park where we feed the ducks. Which is where we ended up. It was getting ready to rain as we left Bolton to head to Thom-a-Lex park. We were able to feed the ducks a whole box of cheerios and play on the playground before the black clouds rolled in and the wind began to whip the leaves off the trees. Home again, home again, jiggity, jig.............

Today the sun is shining again. Liz called with the announcement of what sex the baby is. Sorry, you will have to wait for her to tell you! :D They are coming later tonight to spend Thanksgiving with us. The turkey is defrosting. I have forgotten to get stuffing, so I will be taking the kids with me to the store after while and Kleenex is on the top of the list! Hannah and Ryan are still running around in their pj's (it is 10:30). Well, actually, Ryan has stripped down to his underwear!

This turned out to be longer than I intended. I would've filled you in on the days' activities between the last post (the 13th, I believe) and where I started this one (the 17th), but I would have to put too much thought into it to remember what happened! :D

Have a BLESSED THANKSGIVING!!!

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten. Kara gave Michael and I her cold, so we're feeling pretty sick too - nothing like you with fevers and such. I hope you feel better really soon - tomorrow is going to be a long day of cooking!
Happy Thanksgiving, Mom. I love you!

Anonymous said...

FEEL better!!!!!! Hope you feel well enough to have a great Thanksgiving.

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you enjoy your day.

I had to laugh about Liz calling with the news. Wasn't she the one who didn't want to know? Sometimes those things just can't be helped. LOL!

Vicky said...

Yes, Liz "said" she didn't want to know what this one was! Curiosity got the best of her, LOL! Her son, Ryan, who will be 4 next month said, "Ah, pooey!" I cracked up!