Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It Wasn't Meant to Be............

Today, Tim decided we should take a trip to Pilot Mountain to take a walk. The weather is sooooo pretty and has been all week that he thought it would be nice to just get away and spend some time out in the fresh air! I agreed and off we went. Only problem is that EVERYONE else had the same idea! As we drove up the mountain to get to the top, Tim saw a sign that said "Summit Parking FULL." We kept going. Lots of cars were coming down the mountain, so we figured there would still be places to park. WRONG! We couldn't get to the top! There was a row of cars just stopped, obviously waiting for a parking spot! We couldn't see the "summit" yet, so we had no idea how far this backed up traffic went on up the mountain. We sat for a few minutes. No more cars were coming down. Tim decided to forget about it. No telling how long we would have to sit and wait! I know when we are there, we spend at least 2 hours hiking out and back and around the "summit" so it could have been that long of a wait, we will never know! On the way back to the house I talked him in to going to the Bolton Park, where we take the grandkids swimming during their summer visits. They have a walking trail, which looked like it went back into some woods. WRONG again! The total length of the trail was only like 1,390 feet! But, I did manage to get a few pictures of the beautiful tree leaves while we were there! So much for our spending the afternoon out doors! After 2 WRONGS, Tim was done and ready to just go back home!





1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sorry you're plans didn't work out. The pictures of the trees are beautiful though. Dan and I thought about going hiking today as well, but it was just so windy. O well ;)