Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 18, 2011

Kara

It is almost 11 and we just finished watching Ice Age! 

We left this morning at 8:30 to meet Jessica half way between here and Maryland to bring Kara back with us for the weekend.  We ate lunch in the car, picked her up and were on our way back by noon.  We arrived back home at 3:05.  Kara and I went outside and played croquet and she played on the swing.  Then it was time for fixing supper for papaw, which she helped me do.  After supper we went to the park.  Rosa went with us!  After we left the park we stopped at McDonalds in Walmart for ice cream and to fill up our water container.  I noticed that I did not have my phone with me and I told Kara I hoped Papaw was not getting worried about us since it was now dark!  Unfortunately, when we got home, papaw was NOT!  I found my phone and saw that he had called me not once but TWICE!!!  I hated it!  I called him and told him we were home and safe!  He was aggravated, I could tell!  I told Kara we would have to make sure I didn't forget the phone next time!

Anyway, here's some pictures from today.








Good Night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids have a way of making a person lose track of time. Glad you guys are having fun. Poor pawpaw~worry him sick~aawww such a sweetie!!

jessicaday said...

Aw, thank you for posting this! I love seeing what you are up to. I know she's having a blast!!

Elisabeth said...

Have fun with Kara!

Anonymous said...

So precious. You are making awesome memories with your grandchildren!