Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sure is Quiet..........

Kara is such a sweet and good little girl!  It was great having her here for a few days!  I don't think she realized how much she missed her mommy until she saw her today at lunch!  It was just the right length of time for her to be away (and for us) from her family.  Last year when she stayed from Wednesday to Monday, it was too long for her.  We were both in tears at one point!  But, I think her being a year older helped us this year, too!  I loved hearing her say, "I love you, Mamaw!" several times during the day!  It didn't matter what we were doing, she would tell me she loved me!  Sure gave me a lift!  :D

I was too tired to post any more pictures last night, so I will post some today from yesterday.  We just hung out in the house all day.  Hopefully I can upload some goofy video, too.  I wish I had gotten some pictures of her admiring herself in the mirror with her straightened hair!  Too funny!

Michael and Jessica, THANKS so much for lunch today!  We enjoyed our time with you!   Thanks for letting us keep Kara for a couple of days!  :D

We love you, Kara Bear!

Craft Time

Playing with some Fake Money

 
Feeding Rosa



Rosa's blanket I finished yesterday.






What a mischievous grin!  :D  On the Trip Home.

 Sorry!  Couldn't get the video to upload!


2 comments:

jessicaday said...

Kara had such an amazing time - thank you again! I told her you said, "I love you Kara Bear" and she smiled so warm and so big. :-)
Part of me sees Michael in that mischievous little grin in that last picture, but the truth is, she looks just like my sister! She was VERY mischievous as a kid, but she never lied. If you asked her if she did something, she'd say yes! I'll have to find a picture of her with this look on her face and post it on my blog soon.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Aren't grandchildren the greatest?! So glad you had a great weekend.