Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

I couldn't resist snapping these pictures of our little Sleeping Beauty!  Unfortunately, the last flash woke her up!  I'll post more pictures later today. 

Last night after bath, she started talking about straightening her hair with a hot iron.  After talking about her Grandma Stewart's beautifully long, straight hair, I asked her if she wanted me to dry hers and straighten it.  She said, "SHUWA!"  I cannot believe how patiently she stood there for probably 20 minutes while I dried her hair and then ironed it!  Half way through she wanted to see, so I pulled each half around to the front so she could see the difference between the curly and the straight sides.  She said, "WOW!"  with a big smile!  I said, "Is that what you want?"  She said, "YES, it's perfect!"  So, I continued on the other half.  When done she said, "I want to see!"  So, I split her hair in the back and dragged both sides to the front so she could see.  Her reaction was.............are you ready?..................."WOW!  I'm GORGEOUS!!!!"  I laughed out loud!  She had the biggest grin on her face!  She IS a GORGEOUS child!  :D  I think she takes after me!  :D   NOT!  She is her BEAUTIFUL mother and dad!  Sorry, dad!  But you are a beautiful man!  Right, Jessica?! :D

Have a blessed Sunday!


5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm hoping Abigail has her dark, curly hair!

jessicaday said...

That is so cute! She is crazy about her hair. I've been working with her on vanity, but she loves straightening it; and being a girl it's fun doing things with her hair. In fact, time outs aren't working these days, but threatening to make her wear her hair the way I want to, not the way SHE wants is the best punishment ever!
And I love the pictures of her sleeping. And I agree Michael is a beautiful man! I could look at him for hours!!

Lisa said...

How funny! It sounds like she kept you busy :)

Anonymous said...

Well did you take pics of the gorgeous straight hair???? I wanna see it!

Vicky said...

No, DUH! I didn't even think to take a picture of her gorgeous hair! Sunday's pictures shows it straightened, however!